Simpson made in China? WTF! (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
I had to upgrade my helmet and I happily used my 25th wedding anniversary present from my ultra cool wife-a gift cert. for Simpson. I bought the hat and it was delivered yesterday. I dutifully checked the cert. sticker and I saw a MADE IN CHINA sticker inside the helmet. Suddenly, with the advent of bad dog food, bad baby formula and poison toys, I am not feeling so safe.

Mark

That's just stupid.

A lot of the computers sold at the retail store I answer phones for are made in china and they constantly have part failures. That and they put the crappiest parts in them.

Yup, it's pretty sad. I think most of the bandits and economy priced helmets are made in China. If you look closely in their print catalog, you can barley read where is says made in China next to some items. I bought a Speedway RX a few years back that was made in the USA. Not sure what I'll buy once it expires ..... :confused:

[edit] Trying to avoid hate mail here. I looked at the print catalog again, and it doesn't say "made in china" next to some items. It simply says "Made in USA" next to the helmets that are, and nothing next to the ones that aren't. I counted the helmets, and only about 3 or 4 out of the 18 or so are not made in the USA. It appears the new carbon fiber helmet is not made in the USA.

Would've loved to see the results from John Forces destructive helmet testing. Why is it that the next year the Force camp all had Impact! Helmets?

I still honestly think Simpson stuff is good.
Twocents.gif

Last edited:
thats why i have a Carbon Fiber Draft from IMPACT! you cant go wrong with something made by the best!!

Not all of the Simpson stuff is made in China.But it's sad to see that some of it is.

I've run across plenty of China manufactured crap, but not every manufacturer over there is bad. My brother works for a major golf club maker and he complains that a couple of China shops now beat everbody else in carbon fiber shafts in terms of quality and consistency . . . at any cost. We live in a global economy, three or four decades ago everyone took shots at Japan, now we are seeing them complete an economic cycle. China is a different animal, but one we are probably going to have to learn to play with.

Nothing against Impact! at all . . . need to order a new /15 suit from them in the next couple of weeks.

Yup, it's pretty sad. I think most of the bandits and economy priced helmets are made in China. If you look closely in their print catalog, you can barley read where is says made in China next to some items. I bought a Speedway RX a few years back that was made in the USA. Not sure what I'll buy once it expires ..... :confused:

I would look more toward Impact for my next set of lids. OR, possibly DJ Safety since Dad's firesuit, restraints and gloves are from them. I think some of their stuff comes from Australia though, not sure.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back