Silly season (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Is it just me, or is the tamest silly season in quite some time? I think the only uproar I've seen involves the shakeups at JFR and when/whether JFR is going to make an announcement (seven pages at last count)...

There is as much movement this off season as there ever has been, teams are just not announcing personnel changes or business decisions to the public. There are alliances and working associations taking place, important team members are either quitting or being let go and many new hires all up and down the line. All done in the open but not broadcast to the public.

If you wonder why it is being done this way, just look at some of the assumptions and statements made by the uninformed on many forums.

In the last few years most teams have added non-disclosure clauses for employees to sign. But then silly season was rarely based on facts.

I think the biggest stuff in silly season gets sorted out before the season is over these days. Connolly going to Top Fuel, Force losing Ford and Castrol and signing with Peak and Lucas, Prock going to DSR, Medlen going to DSR, Jeggie semi-retiring again ... Etc. Any of these things would have been big news in December or January, but we all knew about it before we left Pomona which leaves a real slow news period until we get to the preseason test at PBIR.

:p:p:p:p:p
There is as much movement this off season as there ever has been, teams are just not announcing personnel changes or business decisions to the public. There are alliances and working associations taking place, important team members are either quitting or being let go and many new hires all up and down the line. All done in the open but not broadcast to the public.

If you wonder why it is being done this way, just look at some of the assumptions and statements made by the uninformed on many forums.

UHH...VIRGIL ----heres one important announcement that was" broadcast to the public''( on facebook no less)
DECEMBER 27 IS DEAN SKUZA'S BIRTHDAY

What is Skuza up to lately?
Talked to dean extensively last night on skype. Hes such a cool guy. Was playing air guitar the whole time we talked!! he has formed a partnership with a prince from saudi arabia who will provide the money for a two car top fuel team that will buy parts from alan johnson but will share information with kallita. Dean will drive the funny car and shirley will drive the top fueler. austin coil has been hired as crew chief and lee beard will assist. Kim lahaie will do the clutch on both cars. She has split with tim r cause he just wants to stay home in florida and get to dinner before 4 oclock so he can get the early bird special. Courtney force has been hired away from jfr and will be nick named ''jungle pam'' force. She will wear no clothing as she backs up the cars to the start line.
Oh,,, sorry... i,,i,, i,, just made all that up. I couldnt help myself... ITS SILLY SEASON

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back