Shawn Gann - DQ'd? (1 Viewer)

BurkartFan

Nitro Member
What happened with Shawn Gann? Yesterday he was on the qualifying list, and today's #3 and #4 qualifying sessions list him as DQ'd. He ran in the 3rd qualifying session, and was just listed as "no improvement" in the notes. I must have missed why he was DQ'd... :confused:

Last edited:
He ran the 3rd round, but after that he was DQ'd and didn't make an attempt in the 4th session. I have no clue what happened. It might have been something serious considering he was in after Friday.

He ran the 3rd round, but after that he was DQ'd and didn't make an attempt in the 4th session. I have no clue what happened. It might have been something serious considering he was in after Friday.

I wondered if it was something serious - they usually just DQ a run, not the rider/vehicle. Maybe we'll find out tonight, if they happen to get to him. Bummer for him and his team regardless...

Right on; Lisa's simple question has now become another "Bash NHRA" thread!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you see the difference between:
something something sitting on the bike & coming off down track and
"rock guards still attached"

Sorry, you should be thrown out for that!!!

Is there an issue with the fact that the ice pack is a "performance enhancement" and the rock guard is not? I don't know, but wonder if that's the issue/difference here...

can somebody tell me what the rock guard is? Please spare me of the description of it guards the rocks.

Is there an issue with the fact that the ice pack is a "performance enhancement" and the rock guard is not? I don't know, but wonder if that's the issue/difference here...

The article states nothing about the ice pack being illegal as far as a performance advantage. It simply points out the danger of it coming off the bike and someone hitting it, making it no different that the rock guards that Gann talks about as far as I'm concerned.

Sean D

I see your point Sean but he said the rock guards were "attached".

I'm with Jenn; what are the rock guards?

Did Shawn Gann forget he is not racing in Stock Eliminator. Those guys ice down their manifolds all the time-hell Peter Biondo had a bag of ice fall off his car at the 330' mark one time!

can somebody tell me what the rock guard is? Please spare me of the description of it guards the rocks.

In the lower part of the front fairing just behind the front wheel is a large air intake. During the tow to the staging area, the teams use a snap-on cover that protects debris from entering.

Of course, that's in the days before non-factory air scoops were allowed so this may not apply to the H-D and Buell bikes.

And, sorry, but it's been illegal to cool fuel in a Pro Class for more years than I can remember. No fuel jugs stored in coolers, no cool cans, etc..

In the lower part of the front fairing just behind the front wheel is a large air intake. During the tow to the staging area, the teams use a snap-on cover that protects debris from entering.

Of course, that's in the days before non-factory air scoops were allowed so this may not apply to the H-D and Buell bikes.

And, sorry, but it's been illegal to cool fuel in a Pro Class for more years than I can remember. No fuel jugs stored in coolers, no cool cans, etc..

Thank you Dan!

So from what I'm understanding he was "cheating"? The way Gann reacted it seemed as though it was okay to cool it as long as its not going on when your racing....I'm confused lol :confused:

I thought they were fueled in the lanes by NHRA with spec fuel? Or maybe i was dreaming? If thats the case isn't it OK to chill an empty container between rounds? technically your not violating the chilled fuel rule.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back