Enders DQ'd in Q1? (1 Viewer)

PiPPi

Nitro Member
Just read the results from yesterday. Enders ran a 6.815 in Q1 but was then listed as DQ'd in the order list for that round. What was that about?

Regards
PiPPi

Isn't it a bit odd that they looked so good(stout) in Pomona and ^^#% everywhere else. Just asking.

Isn't it a bit odd that they looked so good(stout) in Pomona and ^^#% everywhere else. Just asking.

Very similar to Larry's qualifying efforts the last two years. They just don't have the power to make the show. Same story when he was building Dodges.

Larry is a great guy with a fun personality. He hasn't been able to build enough steam to get in the show for quite some time. When he has, it's been one motor and one car that got in the show. He lost V. Gaines and Max Naylor due to a lack of power. Larry admitted in the off season that his Ford head is very close in design to his Dodge head. That would explain a comparable qualifying result this year. I wish him the best, but they're simply short on power.

Sean, remember Vegas is 2,100 ft static altitude, plus the Track tems were over 120 most of the weekend.

Joe, I'm very aware of the conditions out there. Timmah alluded to the same thing, also. The bottom line is, and don't forget she came up light, the run would've only been good for the 20th spot.........................the 20th spot! And she was light! That run was 4-spots out of the show under the old format.

The conditions don't play a role in the point I was trying to make, guys. Anyone that knows me knows where I stand on the EE issue. I think she is a much better shoe than most give her credit for and I think it's a damn shame she's no longer in a competetive car, no matter what transpired in getting her there. But at the end of the day, don't forget what the official car of the NHRA is now, so I'm sure we'll see the Fords get up to speed soon. ;)

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back