Set your clocks (1 Viewer)

What do you guys find so entertaining in watching racers crash? Do you think that just because someone “walked away” that it’s all good?

What do you guys find so entertaining in watching racers crash? Do you think that just because someone “walked away” that it’s all good?
Laugh if you want, but I look at those as an example of what not to do. Ever see someone red light, or smoke the tires at the hit, then get pissed, run the car down at max speed only to lose it and ball up the car? Or see someone on a road course pass where they shouldn't and take out both cars? A moto crosser that over jumps the double? These are all things I save in my "consequences" file to remind me of what happens when exuberance and testosterone overrides common sense.

Do you think that just because someone “walked away” that it’s all good?

I'd say yes, that's better than a good outcome. Would you rather they not walked away? I'm not understanding why this is even a question.

I can't speak for everyone but the "entertainment", as you say, comes from the fact that safety equipment and rules did their job.

I'd say yes, that's better than a good outcome. Would you rather they not walked away? I'm not understanding why this is even a question.

I can't speak for everyone but the "entertainment", as you say, comes from the fact that safety equipment and rules did their job.

I was thinking this exact same thing. If they walk away, then yes, it's entertainment.

I believe Mr Ferriolo owns an alcohol funny car that his daughter drives. I can understand his real world opinion on the entertainment of crashes.

As a racer I don't find it all that entertaining to see someone wad up their car. I know some of the pro teams go through race cars like the rest of us go through socks, but they have cubic money and as long as no one gets hurt they don't seem to mind. But for many racers their car is a labor of love that has taken financial sacrifice and years of hard work to get running how they want it, and to see it get destroyed in an instant isn't really what I'd call fun.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back