Seattle-area media previews of Shuck's Auto Supply NHRA Nationals (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
Figured I'd provide you guys with some of the NHRA stories that have run in local media this week in advance of the Seattle race. My story is the last link (my description of where people were in the points might be a little bit off because it was not updated after the Denver race, otherwise, I'm pleased with it). I also have PDF copies of my article if anyone wants to see how it looked on the page. :) I will add more links as I come across articles.

Other Sports | Auto Racing | Funny Car driver ready to race in Kent despite car-safety concerns | Seattle Times Newspaper

Rookie tames Top Fuel beasts | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

HeraldNet: NHRA's top guns heading to Pacific Raceways

SMALL BUDGET, BIG SUCCESS - Maple Valley Reporter

Thank you Kris! And yours is a great read!!! :):):)

PS: I still deliver rolls for you guys. Just now they go up to the SE end of Paine Field!!! Looks like a lot is going on at the old Kent site.

Thanks, Wayne, I loved the outside of the box approach suggested by the Maters. It is my hope that we did something a little bit different than everyone else. :)

Man that's a haul up to Paine Field. My dad and his best friend used to spend a lot of time at Paine Field back in the day ... I think Uncle Ed had a little kit plane he built or something. I was small and the details are fuzzy.

Yes, that Kent site is busy, we ran a little story about it about a month ago. The press building is going to be an LA Fitness for cripes sake. :rolleyes: They razed half the office building I used to work in. I drove by it a few weeks ago and it was so weird. I spent almost 5 years in that building.

Anyway, I was glad to see that that TNT and the Everett Herald did pieces on the race, just goes to further prove how big of an event it is for the region.

Very well done article, Kris! You hit it out of the park IMO.

I like when the low buck guys get a little press. There are no more deserving racers than Densham and Wilkerson.

Densham has put in his time at Pacific Raceways/SIR through the years. One of my all time favorites, for sure. I would love for him to take the win on Sunday. He deserves it.

Thank you, Mark. :)

Maters are tough critics, especially with media coverage, so two compliments is a major accomplishment. :D

Hope others enjoy it, as well.

Thanks guys. :)

Looks like the Times is all over the race this year. I'm not sure who the freelancer is that is covering it but they have another preview article today about the Seattle race.

Other Sports | Drag Racing | Tony Schumacher needs 5 more wins to catch all-time leader | Seattle Times Newspaper

And here's the Seattle P-I's NHRA package in today's paper (boy it must be nice to have two people to do this).

Fast is only speed that Brown knows
In The Fast Lane: NHRA makes changes for better
Breaking down the 3 NHRA fields

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back