Scotty Cannon To Race A Top Fuel!!! (1 Viewer)

I know that was the NHRA's version of the story, but I understood when the deal was announced last fall that the deal was for the full IHRA tour as well? Anyone know if that is still the case (I certainly hope so). In any event, it's good to have Scotty back .... drag racing is way too boring without him ...

[In any event, it's good to have Scotty back .... drag racing is way too boring without him ...[/QUOTE]

Amen to that! His interviews pack quite a punch!

I don't know how many of you knew that when Scotty left NHRA he gave his set-back tune-up to one of the current two car teams. This gave them a place from which to start as well as saving them a lot of fuel, time and parts.

[In any event, it's good to have Scotty back .... drag racing is way too boring without him ...

Amen to that! His interviews pack quite a punch![/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see Scotty is coming back. But I sure don't remember any interviews that he gave that packed a punch. What I do remember is Scotty made a real big deal about how it was going to be him and John force fightin it out for the funny car championship. And that turned out to be a whole lot of hot air. No offense to him but his funny car career sure didn't pack a punch either.

Hey Rich, if you really did that, I think you did a good job, but everyone has different tastes.

Yeah but Force never had an interview where he was chasing Bazemore around the car.

An excerpt from BAZEMORE'S WAR STORIES

That Mohawked Bully – Scotty Cannon and I were bitter enemies for a while because we pissed him off and he pissed us off. Then I did it to him a little more. After that, I stayed away from him for a while. I learned that if you made him mad, you’d be better served to stay away from him. We ran Scotty at Bristol in qualifying. We were probably a little slow in Bristol. He had Wes Cerny at the time and Cerny walked by us and made the comment to me while I was packing the parachute, “You guys are pathetically slow.” He kept walking.

The next time we ran, he hung me out and I didn’t like that. When we got to the end of the track in Atlanta I told him what he could do and give him the finger. He got mad and to make a long story short, it was colorful television. It’s all good now. I didn’t run from him, but I was parked far enough that if he got after me I could run fast enough that he couldn’t catch me. I’m the kind of guy that I’m gonna hit first and then go…especially with Scotty. I ain’t into getting knocked out on the ground. If he was smaller, I might have parked closer and acted a lot tougher. Scotty is a good guy with a lot of heart. I apologized and shook his hand. He took it, but didn’t offer a lot back. When we became teammates, we became real good friends.

Scotty's as good a guy as you could ever want to meet and he's easy to become friends with as witnessed by my entire family. That being said, I do believe I heard somewhere that he wrestled in college and from the looks of his general build, one would seem stupid to intentionally offend or insult him.

It will be great to see him back on the circuit!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back