Scott Kalitta Memorial Service (1 Viewer)

I'm waiting to hear how the memorial service went last night. Anyone post something about it yet? I hope it helped all the teams that attended it.

I was told by somebody in the know that Bill Bader put this service together. He contacted Connie and got the go ahead, he paid for the whole thing, what a classy guy.

it was a very touching memorial, thanks for the directions alan. i know that every time i hear the eagles , take it to the limit, i'll always think of eddie . God speed

We made a special trip to Norwalk to attended Scott's Memorial service. We have been lifelong Kalitta fans and wanted to attend this service out of respect to Connie and the whole Kalitta family and team. It was a celebration of his life and it was very touching. Jim O talked for about 25 mins. about Scott his friend of 18 yrs. Jim O told stories of he and Scott that had us laughing and crying. We learned that Scott loved to play jokes on others and that he loved his family.
Jon O talked for about 10mis. about he and Scott and their friendship. John Force talked and told some funny stories of how he meant Scott and about a few other encounters he had with Scott.
There were 3 different rooms, the middle largest one was for the family,
proteams and Kalitta employees. The second room was for the sportman racers and the third room was for the fans.
The larger room had a stage and on it was several large beatiuful flower arrangments, a life size picture of Scott and all his wally's. In the foyer there were two tables with family pictures from when Scott was young to Scott and Cathy's wedding picture to family vacations and holidays and raciing pics. All the teams came dressed in their uniforms. It was a very somber atmosphere, you could see the hurt and heavyness of heart. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Connie and all the Kalitta family and team. Lady Linda

Ya know, based on what I have heard first hand- The Baders are one CLASS ACT- maybe BRUTON can hire them to run the show when he takes over the chaotic mess (PUBLICATIONS EXCEPTED) that is now post-Parks NHRA

THEY MAY BE THE MOST SPECTATOR and RACER FRIENDLY FOLKS ON THE PLANET!

PLUS, the LEGENDARY ice cream! AHHHH! YUM-O!

But how are they going to circumvent the concession lock that existing vendors have at the Fairgrounds in Feb and Nov to sell their fabled dessert?

Linda, that's the sweetest report I've ever read. Thanks so much for putting it into words.
Bob

I also attended the memorial. Drove down from michigan. Sat next to Tony Pedregon . Linda you said everything right. John Force was asked on short notice to talk. He asked Connie and Cathy if it was ok. Started nervous carried on very well. I talked to Bill Sr. after the service and yes He is all class. Thanks Dave

Last night Darrell Gwynn and I went to Scott`s viewing in Bradenton,very emotional to see all of the old time racers that are also friends of the Kalitta`s there talking of the good times we all had around Scott and how the sport has changed so much.The 25 years I spent with Gwynn racing was one of the best periods of my life and when Darrell crashed was one of the worst of times,but with all of the friends that I have because of drag racing the thing I remember the most is tough times don`t last,but tough people do...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back