Schumacher wins 3rd quarter driver of the year, but..... (1 Viewer)

AJ is probably the best crew chief out there. But there is a tremendous amount of stress on the driver to perform as well. Remember "The Run"? Tell me that Tony wasn't under tons of pressure to perform on that run. And there have been many other runs were he has proven his skill when the chips were down.

And never forget the crew. All it takes is one screw up, one loose bolt, one loose fuel line and the race is lost. They are champions in their own right.

Nitro racing is always a team effort.

Wait ... we are complaining because someone from Drag Racing was acknowledged as the Driver of the Quarter? Really? I would hate to see how much bellyachin' there would be if he didn't win.

And he "only" got 10 of 17 first place votes (and finished 40 points higher than second!!!) ... How many first place votes did the second quarter driver get? How about the first quarter?

What is happening with the Army team is VERY special. It is the perfect storm, they have the right guy in the seat, the right guy tuning and the right guys on the crew. Tip of the cap to them, and congrats on the award.

EDIT: I googled it ... Kyle Busch was the first and second quarter driver of the year ... he got 6 first place votes in the first quarter and 7 first place votes in the second quarter ... 6 and 7 are LESS than the 10 Tony Schu got ... all Kyle Busch did was win a race in NASCAR's top 3 series in each quarter and he still got less votes than Schu ... I think Tony Schu is getting plenty of respect from the press ...

Last edited:
Now all of you should understand why almost no drivers or owners come here.

Your drivers fight in the pits and people here discussing things is worse?

Some people cross the line with their thoughts but they are still entitled to them whether popular or not. We can ignore them and avoid the bs that goes along with it.

When the sponsors money elevates the drivers/owners from the regular people they once were and everyone inflates their egos you forget that once you sat in the stands too. Drivers AND owners need a reality check just as much as the over vocal fans do. Neither is anything without the other.

Bob

Your drivers fight in the pits and people here discussing things is worse?

Some people cross the line with their thoughts but they are still entitled to them whether popular or not. We can ignore them and avoid the bs that goes along with it.

When the sponsors money elevates the drivers/owners from the regular people they once were and everyone inflates their egos you forget that once you sat in the stands too. Drivers AND owners need a reality check just as much as the over vocal fans do. Neither is anything without the other.

Bob

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Dave

What team does Bazemore currently drive for? He was someone else who was critiqued on the Mater which Don did not like.

Schumacher goes fast because AJ makes him go fast. But you guys make it seem like Shoe is doing nothing in the car. Shoe is a great driver and AJ is the best tuner the sport has seen in a while; you cannot give one praise witout mentioning the other. This team has got things figured out, kudos to them; and nice job by Don for bringing these two together.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back