Schumacher on FS1 (1 Viewer)

If Tony doesn't land a sponsor to drive, I think being a commentator is a perfect fit for him. He does a great job!

NO WAY, ... even though Tony Schu is well spoken and has great knowledge of the sport, he belongs in a dragster. Top Fuel isn't the same without him, not that I'm his biggest fan, but he adds a high degree of competition to the sport.

tony has fantastic public speaking abilities, but IMO color commentary is not his forte'

Bruno and Tony P. really need to be locked in a room with 50 hours of Steve Evans tapes. Slow down and don't drive past your headlights. It really isn't very fun watching you two untangle yourselves.

Bruno and Tony P. really need to be locked in a room with 50 hours of Steve Evans tapes. Slow down and don't drive past your headlights. It really isn't very fun watching you two untangle yourselves.

I'm sure they appreciate the feedback from a Pro like yourself :rolleyes:

Tony P. has improved drastically since Brian came aboard as lead announcer, Bruno does a great job also. One thing that many have to understand is, production gives them approx. 2 minutes to crush 10 minutes of a side video into a 1 minute bag for them to edit for the show.

I totally agree with you about Pedregon, however I feel that he is slowly improving. Bruno on the other hand does a fantastic job in my opinion. I would like to see all of the commentators take a breath and slow down a bit. I get it that they are trying to injected some excitement into the broadcast, but with an already extremely high speed sport, it's hard enough to visually keep up, let alone keep up with the audio. You are correct, they could take some tips from the late Steve Evans, Dave McLelland, Reinhart, and Bob Frey.

One thing about an announcer that is a former driver - he knows what he is talking about. Bruno is a past World Champ in Comp, has run turbo engines, Bruno-drive, driven Pro Stock, etc. I like to listen to his knowledge. Same with both Tony's. They really know the ins & outs of nitro racing and they can really give the inside story. Alan in this too - all of these announcers share a love of drag racing. I really like listening to Alan at the divisional, cuz he has so much knowledge of the sportsmen cars. It's that knowledge / insight that makes or breaks an announcer. I still remember the late Steve Evans at Lions, all those years ago, for the same reasons.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back