Save NHRA - Go Back To Its Roots (1 Viewer)

who would the NHRA charge $220+ to enter? QUOTE]

Last time I checked it was $250 (except Indy $350) plus $40 per competitor (all competitor's) for insurance

Then credentials for each crew member, spouse etc. unless you have a gold or silver card. Bronze car allows driver + 1, then credential costs of anywhere from $75 each to $90 each (Indy) which covers the weekend for racing.

If you enter more than one car, you can use the drivers credential for a crew member, but you have to let them know at the credential trailder because of the "non-transferable rule" that goes into effect with the restricted area waiver.

Don't forget the extra fee for the extra ATVs or pit bikes, plus parking passes for your rig and tow vehicle.

Hey Doc, not to derail the thread, but don't you think a modern FC with a big-time tuner could get a AA/FA into the 4's after a bit of tweaking? Didn't the guys out of Phoenix run low 5's (Neese & Knowles)? The modern AA/FA is a FC anyway, but without the swoopy FC body, I'm sure they become a handful due to downforce & stability issues.

Hey Doc, not to derail the thread, but don't you think a modern FC with a big-time tuner could get a AA/FA into the 4's after a bit of tweaking? Didn't the guys out of Phoenix run low 5's (Neese & Knowles)? The modern AA/FA is a FC anyway, but without the swoopy FC body, I'm sure they become a handful due to downforce & stability issues.

I think the number is a 5.29 about 3-years ago or so. I am pretty sure they did that at Tulsa. I don't remember the MPH. It was the same car as their Nitro Funnycar with-out the body.

Last summer the Howell AA/FA from California went a 5.37, with Dale Pulde and Mark Leigh tuning it. :cool:

Those are the record/stellar numbers that I know of.

Rapid

My opinion…
NHRA pre-1985 or so…
The management, for the most part consisted of folks that had raced, or were race fans, or had actually attended a race or two BEFORE they became employees.

NHRA post – 1985 or so to the present.
The management, for the most part is made up of folks that have never raced, was never race fans and in some cases (according to intro of new employees in the Dragster) NEVER even attended a drag race BEFORE they became employees.

Why do you think the Hot Rod Reunion style races are so popular? It is not because people want to see fuel cars running 6.50’s and it is not because someone wants to see a flopper that actually looks like the car model it claims to be. No, they are popular because of the atmosphere. I recall my first reunion race. It was Bowling Green 2003. I thought I had gone back into time somehow. The cackle-fest Saturday night was special….I saw a lot of tears in people’s eyes, including my own….and they were not created by the nitro fumes either.

32 cars at the new england funny car nationals worked for me when I was a teenager.
And at that race, every car made three runs, by contract. That's right, we had three rounds of 16 fuel funny car races. Even though the second and third runs for most of them was exhibition.

It was heaven on earth.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back