same old crap from NHRA (1 Viewer)

2784idba

Nitro Member
story of bs for the Gann family, S&S and V&H can build their own motors, but no deal for an independent. this a load of sht.

042608b.jpg

NHRA: 2008 Atlanta Results - Gann Head
Saturday, April 26, 2008

Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals
Atlanta, GA - April 24-27

Gann Cylinder Head Approval Denied

Blake Gann reports that the NHRA has officially denied his request for approval of his new billet Suzuki GS 2-valve cylinder head.

Gann is dejected as he was told at Gainesville to have a complete working engine by Atlanta, a request he fulfilled.

Gann brought the engine to Atlanta fresh off some very impressive dyno runs. NHRA’s Don Taylor looked at the engine and handed him a letter dated April 22 that stated that it would “officially confirm” the denial and cited “an escalation in costs to the racers”.

“This was an on-again, off-again deal,” stated Gann. “They told me no just before Gainesville and I thought it was dead. Then they came to Gainesville and met with me and told me they wanted to revisit it. They asked me to have a running motor by Atlanta. We went through a lot of work to finish this thing for this race.”

The cylinder head features new valve angles that take advantage of the larger bore offered by the 1655cc displacement. He also noted that it uses the same cams and valve train components as the current cast Suzuki GS cylinder heads.

Gann stated that a number of Suzuki racers wanted the head as they felt it could help level the field with the V-Twins. “It’s the fix right today,” Gann continued. “We could make tomorrow’s lap with it.”

Gann stated that the racer cost would be $15,000 complete “from the base gasket up” including pistons.

Gann hopes the head will be allowed in AMA Dragbike Pro Stock competition. He also has strong interest from Pro Mod racers.

[email protected] - Report Your News!

DRAGBIKE.COM • PO BOX 54199, Cincinnati, OH 45254-0199 • Phone: 513-257-7798

I think if NHRA had it wishes PS bike would have been 86ed by now. But could not afford another Pro Stock Truck like litigation. just my opinion.

This was his problem:

"Gann brought the engine to Atlanta fresh off some very impressive dyno runs."

If it had "tested" just so-so on the dyno, it would have gotten the big check mark of approval, but since it may ruffle some feathers, leading to even more weight changes (read: work for Glendora..)....:rolleyes:... Well, you know..:D

What a crock of sh1t! :mad: The v-twins are running engines that shouldn't even have been allowed to compete in the first place because they weren't based on production style engines, but they won't allow this. :rolleyes: The Hardley is a one-off pure racing engine and the Buell is the wrong cylinder bank angle. And then to show how far things are out of balance between the inline 4's and the V-twins there are only three inline 4's in the top half of the qualifying field.

you see that black case in the above picture. that is a stock case per nhra rules. Take a look at the v wads and s&s motors. there are all cnc machined.
this is what i dislike the most of current management at nhra.
they want a vtwin category, out with the 4 cyl bikes.

you see that black case in the above picture. that is a stock case per nhra rules.
Yep, and you can go to your local Suzuki dealer and still order them. I'd like to know which dealership(s) I can go to that'll let me order the same V-twin parts the Buell and Hardley teams are running. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back