Sad day. Raquel Welch has passed away. (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
I just saw this story about the always lovely Raquel Welch passing away.
The poster of her in “One Million B.C.” was about as widespread as the one that made Farrah Fawcett famous.
And who can forget her tight, full body suit in “Fantastic Voyage”?
I can’t believe she was 82.
R.I.P.

I just saw this story about the always lovely Raquel Welch passing away.
The poster of her in “One Million B.C.” was about as widespread as the one that made Farrah Fawcett famous.
And who can forget her tight, full body suit in “Fantastic Voyage”?
I can’t believe she was 82.
R.I.P.

I had the pleasure of working with Raquel Welch about twenty years ago. She came in to the ADR studio where I worked to replace some lines of dialog in the “American Family” series (2002-2004) that she was part of, that aired on KCET locally in Los Angeles. This series was created and directed by Greg Nava who also directed “Selina”.

When I introduced myself to her, she was very gracious and shook my hand and made a complimentary comment about my rough hands. She was over sixty but looked like she was forty and dressed perfectly not a thing out of place. A real Hollywood star proud of her appearance.

Raquel was very nervous about replacing one line that was rewritten and was right on her face. Greg said she needed to replace the line as it didn’t work the way it was.

I told her that I would do my best to make it as perfect as possible.

Raquel was very proud of her acting and a better actress than most gave her credit for.

I set up the mics and gave her a couple of looks at the line in question, then I asked her if she was ready? She said yes and I recorded the line, I played it back and she nailed it on the first take she was so relieved that she started crying,

Raquel didn’t want to look stupid and make herself look like it was a spaghetti western from the sixties.

We finished the rest of her lines, and when she was leaving, she again shook my hand and gave me a kiss on the check.

One of my best memories from my time in show business. RIP Raquel Welch

I had the pleasure of working with Raquel Welch about twenty years ago. She came in to the ADR studio where I worked to replace some lines of dialog in the “American Family” series (2002-2004) that she was part of, that aired on KCET locally in Los Angeles. This series was created and directed by Greg Nava who also directed “Selina”.

When I introduced myself to her, she was very gracious and shook my hand and made a complimentary comment about my rough hands. She was over sixty but looked like she was forty and dressed perfectly not a thing out of place. A real Hollywood star proud of her appearance.

Raquel was very nervous about replacing one line that was rewritten and was right on her face. Greg said she needed to replace the line as it didn’t work the way it was.

I told her that I would do my best to make it as perfect as possible.

Raquel was very proud of her acting and a better actress than most gave her credit for.

I set up the mics and gave her a couple of looks at the line in question, then I asked her if she was ready? She said yes and I recorded the line, I played it back and she nailed it on the first take she was so relieved that she started crying,

Raquel didn’t want to look stupid and make herself look like it was a spaghetti western from the sixties.

We finished the rest of her lines, and when she was leaving, she again shook my hand and gave me a kiss on the check.

One of my best memories from my time in show business. RIP Raquel Welch
Great story. Thanks for posting it.
I've got to ask; how long did you not wash your cheek?

holy cow, she was good looking

Attachments

• Raquel-Welch.jpg
    Raquel-Welch.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 10
holy cow, she was good looking.
I just read this week that she died from Alzheimer's disease, that's really sad she was so together, smart, and funny, a s***** way to go out for her, as she loved her life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back