RWR Announces New Crew Chief (11 Viewers)

Rob's video last night, covered a lot of things that just blew me away. These things aren't your 1973 TF car I've decided. Lol
There's so much stuff he's going to change in the off-season to switch over to his set-up. Even fuel and air lines.
He put a lot of emphasis on the situation with the clutch packs. Looks like RWR did not get optimal discs this year, and that may be a large part of the problem.
 
I currently work for him. They were in need of a hospitality guy/truck driver and I was suddenly available. 🫤. Committed to the end of the season, we will see where it goes from there. Still actively looking for something a little more my speed.

I have known Antron since 2003 when I was a crew guy for Cruz. We shared a small shop with him and his Team 23 PSM team.
Nice, Josh! Thanks for being a member here and contributing!

This is the only forum I’m aware of where you can hear from real nitro crew and racers about their experiences.
 
I currently work for him. They were in need of a hospitality guy/truck driver and I was suddenly available. 🫤. Committed to the end of the season, we will see where it goes from there. Still actively looking for something a little more my speed.

I have known Antron since 2003 when I was a crew guy for Cruz. We shared a small shop with him and his Team 23 PSM team.
That 2003 was really cool when he made sure Angelle stayed out there, until they became part of DSR. Was a wild year in PSM and Geno Scali took the championship; was really amazing!
 
He put a lot of emphasis on the situation with the clutch packs. Looks like RWR did not get optimal discs this year, and that may be a large part of the problem.
And Boninfante Friction owned by Nicky's brother Rob was supplying the discs! Rob was even in their pit at one of the races on Clay's youtube channel. Never thought it was all the Oberhofer brothers and Nicky B's fault. If you haven't watched it Rob Boninfante was on one of Joe Castello's WFO Radio episodes. One of the best technical nitro clutch videos you will ever see.
 
He put a lot of emphasis on the situation with the clutch packs. Looks like RWR did not get optimal discs this year, and that may be a large part of the problem.

And Boninfante Friction owned by Nicky's brother Rob was supplying the discs! Rob was even in their pit at one of the races on Clay's youtube channel. Never thought it was all the Oberhofer brothers and Nicky B's fault. If you haven't watched it Rob Boninfante was on one of Joe Castello's WFO Radio episodes. One of the best technical nitro clutch videos you will ever see.
To expand on Brian’s point… it’s not that the clutch discs were not optimal. Just what RWR has in inventory may not be optimal for the way Rob likes to run the car. If you watched any of Rob or Clays videos from when Rob arrived, the Oberhofer’s ran those cars way different than the way Rob runs them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top