Rush 2008 (1 Viewer)

Someone called Dennis Miller about it and Dennis praised Neil Pert. But you know all three of these guys are at the top of their game. All three are amazing. I wonder how well Alex does on guitar hero.

Yikes, the closest they'll be looks like it'll be around 250 miles away. :( It's at the Gorge Amphitheater in Quincy, WA though so I might have to see about it anyway.

Brent, if you've never seen them @ The Gorge in George or never been there, you HAVE to go!!!
Neil has said he thinks The Gorge is the best place they've ever played!!!
I've seen both shows they did there and those 2 were the best Rush shows I've ever seen (seen 'em about 10-11 times since '80).
They ARE playing on Sun, June 1 in Vancouver, WA if ya can't swing The Gorge!

Bob, life's been crappy around here so I was slow on the uptake so I KNEW I could count on you to post this awesome news!!!
:):):)

Wayne, I didn't know they were coming to Vancouver. I saw them there at the Clark County Amphitheater on the R30 tour. I missed them this past summer but would like to catch them again. I was looking at the link that Brian posted and it's not listed on there. Maybe I'll have to get tickets to both. :D

How come they are playing in Napa Idaho AND NOT Portland? :mad:
Hey now Rich, you got to see them in Seattle last year during the Northwest Nats. Tuesday June 3 in Nampa looks pretty good to me, we will have just flown back into Boise from the Topeka race earlier that same day...might just have to head about 20 miles East down 84 and see them in Nampa. Gotta convince my wife Lisa to go, she aint exactly a big Rush fan.

Rich, it's not like the Clark County Amphitheater is 200 miles away from Portland. Every time Rush has come thru the NW since 2004 they've played there. It's probably only 10-15 miles further north than the Rose Garden.

Just wanted to show these to my fellow maters....

P1020272web.jpg
:

:D

They are sweet seats, not so close that I'll blow my eardrums out and not so far that I'd have to use binoculars. April 13th can't come soon enough!

we got 4 on tuesday during the fan club presale. best seats i've ever had.
one thing about this tour is they said they wanted to hit locations they haven't been to in a long time. they haven't been to orlando since 1994. I haven't seen them indoors since 1996. This will be a good old fashioned rush show. no amphitheatre. no humid sweaty air. nice and cool indoors.
i'm trying to think of a clever sign that might get me some drumsticks.
reading neil's books, he likes clever signs and sends his roadie into the crowd to give out a pair of used promark 747s if you make him smile.

There's 4 of us going - maybe we'll do the t-shirt deal with R U S H spread over 4 shirts. That might work :D
if you're going to orlando do NOT steal my idea :D

$2.00 popcorn
$4.00 hotdogs
$6.00 beers

drumsticks from the band.......
priceless.

we got 4 on tuesday during the fan club presale. best seats i've ever had.

At the Bank Atlantic Center the entire floor section was eaten up by the pre-salers. Damn those AMEX members! :mad::p

Bob, thanks for the info. I told my 11 year old son that if they rolled through here this summer that I'd take him. He loves Rush, especially as he calls it "the tree song".

Looking forward to taking a "newbie" :D

well they played that 'tree song' so you have to go!!!!

once again a virtuoso performance. they didn't sell out, about 4 sections in the back of the upper level were curtained off, but I think that actually made it sound better. Neils performance was mind blowing as usual. He sure looks tired though. Someone needs to tell him to get some sleep! I wonder how many miles he'll be putting on the motorcycle.

They played a lot of songs from the new album which I really like. 'Ghost of a chance' from 'roll the bones' was a nice addition in place of 'entres nous'

ah well..bittersweet when it's over I tell you. For me, there is no band like Rush.

I heard one song off the latest called "Something Monkey business?" Not sure but the cut was awesome! Sounded like Pre-Moving pictures Rush!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back