Rules Creep in Comp (1 Viewer)

My family built a econo dragster in 1972. What a wonderful concept NHRA had....well lets say adopted. Used dragster chassis, small block chevy, single carb and a powerglide. Bada bing, we were off to the Winternationals.

Looking at a recent ND, I saw a photo of an F/ED that looked more technologically advanced than Larry Dixon's T/F.

What a shame we let a great entry class turn into a technology and money nightmare.

Mark Watkins
Untitled Document

Welcome to the 2007, Gas is $ 3.00 A gallon, junior dragsters are 6K, all this didn't happen over night.
Glad to see you came out of a 35 year coma.

Yes I "think" he said something about it was getting too hard to get parts for it.. ?? Or do you know of another reason... I ask because he was running so good with that motor.

There was no problem with the smaller Subaru motor in the dragster, but the bigger motor in the altered kept breaking parts-I think it was a problem with piston weight and the opposed cylinders. I expect they'll be back with a 4 valve motor next year-don't know what brand though.

Congrats to you, Lee, and Al on getting into that who's who field this weekend professor! It took 53 under to get in!! Hard luck for Al in 1st round, but looks like Ficco found some index in planetary. At least Lee got the other side of the red to stay clean into rd 2. Take no prisoners!

Also congrats to mater Jacklyn Gebhardt staying clean into rd 2 as well!

Big props to Steve Holloway! That was a drag race 1st round against Vinnie! Would have been worth the price of admission right there.

I wish I was there. Looks like everybody whose anybody came with guns loaded. Would have also liked to see Grant Lewis make it.

Jeez the 1st round winners reads like quite a list and Rampy, Taylor, Ficco, Biondo, Gebhardt, Carter, and Zane are all clean or close. But can't count out Lambeck, and Butner. Especially Bo who looks like he's got more in the bank.

Good luck to all the maters duking it out in Comp this weekend!

Congrats to you, Lee, and Al on getting into that who's who field this weekend professor! It took 53 under to get in!! Hard luck for Al in 1st round, but looks like Ficco found some index in planetary. At least Lee got the other side of the red to stay clean into rd 2. Take no prisoners!

Al worked his magic and made some changes before the last qualifying pass to get Lee into the field. Al had a mechanical problem in the bellhousing which caused the red light. And thanks for your good wishes.

Jeez the 1st round winners reads like quite a list and Rampy, Taylor, Ficco, Biondo, Gebhardt, Carter, and Zane are all clean or close. But can't count out Lambeck, and Butner. Especially Bo who looks like he's got more in the bank.

Good luck to all the maters duking it out in Comp this weekend!

Bo is clean-if both Rampy and Bo are green that ought to be a good race.

My bad on that one professor. Saw 0.578 and read it as -0.578 :rolleyes:. Do you guys have Bowdish tomorrow morning? Looks like he might be thin on index. Best of luck!
Comp round two is scheduled to be run after the conclusion of Pro qualifying and Pro Mod round one eliminations today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back