Route 66 NHRA Nationals (1 Viewer)

That side of the track is general admission, and with all the rain they couldn't put the other screen as close to the track as they usually do. Where the 1st screen is no one on the pit side would be able to see it, so the placed a second screen where they did. If those with reserved Pit Side seating couldn't see the screen how do you think that would go over?

Alan

Thanks for the explanation Alan. I was wondering what the deal was, the Route 66 Raceway FB posting says: "New to the #Route66Nats is a video board right by the starting line!‬ This will help fans on the south side catch all the action." I can understand the dissapointment for fans who like to sit in the corner which is now blocked off, but there are plenty of other good seats available.

Glad Andy Bohl walked away from that, very scary to see fire flare up that quickly especially an alcohol fire. Also looked like the throttle hung after the first side slap with the wall

Last edited:
Fuel cars had a good outing for Round 1 of qualifying, not so much Friday night ... 7 funny cars and only 4 top fuelers made a full pull in Round 2 - cut & paste " clicked it off ". Disappointing way to end the day, especially for the casual fans who just want to see them run under the lights.
]

Yesterday's funny car Q1 was one of the best sessions I could remember in quite awhile with every car getting down the track and running at least a 4.18. While last night was a bit anti-climatic. I caught the last half of Q4 tonight and it seemed like a good session. I am happy to see speeds starting to creep back up a bit.

Glad Andy Bohl walked away from that, very scary to see fire flare up that quickly especially an alcohol fire. Also looked like the throttle hung after the first side slap with the wall
That was nasty looking from the starting line. I just walked in the door, glad I waited out the rain and saw the last FC session made the wait worth it. Tomorrow will be interesting, the it's going to be much cooler but with sun on the track, should make for some tricky conditions.

Watching NHRA TV Matt Smith was paired up with Steve Johnson first round in PSM but heard Allen say that Johnson was not on the property and Matt will have a bye first round. What gives?

"Fire raging under the car"......because the impacts sent the fire bottles flying. Maybe NHRA should mandate mounting those somewhere else other than all the way out front....

"Fire raging under the car"......because the impacts sent the fire bottles flying. Maybe NHRA should mandate mounting those somewhere else other than all the way out front....

That was my thought as well. Same with the DJ Cox crash at the Gators. The Bohl's fire could have been partially or totally suppressed if the bottles had stayed attached to the car.

That side of the track is general admission, and with all the rain they couldn't put the other screen as close to the track as they usually do. Where the 1st screen is no one on the pit side would be able to see it, so the placed a second screen where they did. If those with reserved Pit Side seating couldn't see the screen how do you think that would go over?

Alan

Alan, at wild horse pass you can't see the single screen on the reserved spectator side, been that way for at least three years, they need two screens, one on each side. Just saying, no response from the track when I called them, the last two years.
Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back