Route 66 NHRA Nationals (1 Viewer)

JFat

Nitro Member
Looks like a decent turnout for Joliet, per NHRA's entry list. 21 Top Fuelers and 19 Funny Cars at the moment. Hopefully the rainy season will subside soon or I will have to sacrifice a chicken in the basement ...

TF_Rd2_McMillen_over_STorrence_Joliet2013b.jpg TF_Q_Cullinan_Vandegriff_Chicago2014.jpg

John

Looks like a decent turnout for Joliet, per NHRA's entry list. 21 Top Fuelers and 19 Funny Cars at the moment. Hopefully the rainy season will subside soon or I will have to sacrifice a chicken in the basement ...

View attachment 5255 View attachment 5256

John
It needs to dry out, my kid has a baseball tournament in Iowa next weekend so my wife will be taking the truck with her. I have the options of taking my new Charger Scat Pack or my kid's Camry. If it doesn't stop raining soon, we will be rolling up in the Camry :).

It needs to dry out, my kid has a baseball tournament in Iowa next weekend so my wife will be taking the truck with her. I have the options of taking my new Charger Scat Pack or my kid's Camry. If it doesn't stop raining soon, we will be rolling up in the Camry :).
Lol...I have the same dilemma...Corvette or Acura...depending on the weather.

View attachment 5255 View attachment 5256

John
Will that be fried...or barbecued??...lol...but I agree, a nice field of cars. I would say there's a possibility of resetting the quickest field ever in top fuel.

Not to go off-topic but how is your Scat Pack in terms of living with one? I can tell you the last time I sat in one at an auto show those leather/alcantera seats were really comfortable. I was looking on listings and since everyone and their mother is buying SUVs dealers are selling them for way below MSRP. If I had 50K lying around and needed a new car I would definately be looking at one. If I needed gas mileage and needed to go somewhere far away I can always borrow my dad's econobox. :)

Looking for forward to my first chance to see live racing this year at my local track. Just hoping for good weather. All it has done here is rain for weeks.

Not to go off-topic but how is your Scat Pack in terms of living with one? I can tell you the last time I sat in one at an auto show those leather/alcantera seats were really comfortable. I was looking on listings and since everyone and their mother is buying SUVs dealers are selling them for way below MSRP. If I had 50K lying around and needed a new car I would definately be looking at one. If I needed gas mileage and needed to go somewhere far away I can always borrow my dad's econobox. :)
I had a 2015 Scat Pack and loved it so much I bought a 2019 a few months ago. I still have kids I have to cart around to sports, so the 4 doors are a must. The car has the comfort of a family car and the power of a sports car.

The chicken thing is on hold. The weather forecast is looking better with the rain ending Wednesday and the usual "chance of rain" on the weekend. But, the forecast is for the 50's overnight so you might want to have a jacket handy or a winter coat and mittens for those visiting from the South. 🙃

Chicken related - I know I have old east coast pics of Len Cottrell's TAD filed away somewhere. Did he sell his TAD operation last year and go Funny Car racing? BB/FC, NFC?

John

Good thing the race is not today.

Thunder storms, hail and possible tornads being shown on the weat her channel for Chicago and south into Joilet.

The weather for this week’s race in Chicago has high temp of 72 Frid, 69 Sat, 60 on Sunday!!!

Alan, any word on sportsman pitting yet? I'm kind of expecting to end up at the circle track, but I haven't heard anything official on the matter.

The chicken thing is on hold. The weather forecast is looking better with the rain ending Wednesday and the usual "chance of rain" on the weekend. But, the forecast is for the 50's overnight so you might want to have a jacket handy or a winter coat and mittens for those visiting from the South. 🙃

Chicken related - I know I have old east coast pics of Len Cottrell's TAD filed away somewhere. Did he sell his TAD operation last year and go Funny Car racing? BB/FC, NFC?

John
I know the operation was for sale late last year, but don't know if it sold. Chicken Chokers (check rear wing)

The Chicken Chokers Len Cottrell.jpg

Fuel cars had a good outing for Round 1 of qualifying, not so much Friday night ... 7 funny cars and only 4 top fuelers made a full pull in Round 2 - cut & paste " clicked it off ". Disappointing way to end the day, especially for the casual fans who just want to see them run under the lights.

Then there was the interesting placement of the jumbotron, winston-vision, video screen at the starting line blocking the spectator side seats behind the starting line. Not a Fan of this idea, maybe they could put it in the midle of the tower for all to see? The pit side video board display is still at the top end. Hmmm... Grab some popcorn and enjoy the comments posted on FB. 🍿🍿🍿

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back