Ron Capps........ (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
I noticed Capps celebrating after Force was taken out in the 2nd round. I know he still has a slim chance at the championship but if my math is correct Force would have to pretty much DNQ and Capps advance a few rounds to have a chance. (Or Robert, don't want to count him out). I think Force has it wrapped up unless he really screws up and I don't see that happening!

I noticed Capps celebrating after Force was taken out in the 2nd round. I know he still has a slim chance at the championship but if my math is correct Force would have to pretty much DNQ and Capps advance a few rounds to have a chance. (Or Robert, don't want to count him out). I think Force has it wrapped up unless he really screws up and I don't see that happening!

Force is going in 71 ahead of Capps, that 4 rounds of racing. I think that Hight has the only true chance of beating John b/c he can set the record and I dont believe Capps can. I do believe that if John wins first round, its over. They cant catch him unless Hight sets the record and wins the race and Force goes out first round. It can be done, but I doubt it. I am not counting Capps out of it but he would have to have Force lose first round and win the race. Its definitely a possibility but I hope not. Go John and Robert.

Mathematically Capps has a chance if he wins out in Pomona with John departing early so why should Ron lose hope? That scenario has played out a number of times.
I'm going to attend this last race for sure since it will be twice as exciting as last year when only the F/C battle was on the line. Adding T/F will be interesting to say the least since AJ will be shooting to break the national record for the extra points. No matter what happens, it's going to make this last race very exciting!

If Force doesn't qualify near the top and goes out first round- Capps will have to qualify near the top and win the race to win the championship.

Mathematically Capps has a chance if he wins out in Pomona with John departing early so why should Ron lose hope? That scenario has played out a number of times.
I'm going to attend this last race for sure since it will be twice as exciting as last year when only the F/C battle was on the line. Adding T/F will be interesting to say the least since AJ will be shooting to break the national record for the extra points. No matter what happens, it's going to make this last race very exciting!

I don't think Capps should lose hope at all. If he doesn't get it this year there is always next year. Keep the faith Capps!

i think unless john DNQ's it is pretty much his! the real battle here will be the fight for second place. and there is only 2 points between them?

The math is pretty simple. Force just needs to win a round to clinch (barring a e.t. record). Capps is 71 points out. So, with a first-round loss, Force, if he qualifies No. 1, can push that advantage to 109, meaning Capps could qualify No. 16, win the event, gaining 111 points (100 points for winning, 1 for Q16, and 10 for making a Q pass) to win by two points. Its basicially the same for Hight, except I believe, since he is two back of Capps, would need to qualify at least 12th to get an extra point. If either Capps or Hight were to set a national record, Force could clinch by getting to the semifinals.

With all the first round loses they've put up this year nothing would surprise me. I like Force but I really want Capps to take the title this year.

Maybe he'll get to line up against Force and take him out in the first round himself

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back