Ron Capps Response To First Driver's Meeting With Auto Shut-Off Topic (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
"On the gas till the auto shutoff...come on man.."

I have to agree. How is that safe? I thought we fixed this issue last year. I would feel alot better with drivers being able to shutff the car when there done and not letting the auto shut off work unless there is trouble. I need some help on this.

Where did you see or read this Patrick? :confused:

I checked both DRO and CP and didn't see it there.

Thanks!

Come on gang, for those of us that don't "tweet" or "face" whats the skinny on this ???? "drive till the auto shutoff" ???:confused::confused:

What Patrick provided in quotes in the first post is exactly what Ron said: "First drivers meeting of 2011.on the gas till the auto shutoff??come on man......"

You can speculate as to what Ron meant, but I it sounds pretty clear (and stupid) to me.

Michael, I only hope my speculation is wrong. Please don't tell me NHRA is taking control of the cars OUT of the drivers hands. Even NHRA isn't.....

Someone please post a link to the article so we can get this strait.

Michael, I only hope my speculation is wrong. Please don't tell me NHRA is taking control of the cars OUT of the drivers hands. Even NHRA isn't.....

Someone please post a link to the article so we can get this strait.

I hope your (and my) speculation is wrong on this Paul.

BTW, there is no article, just a single line "tweet" as stated in my earlier post....that's all we know right now. I'm sure it will come to light soon....maybe Alan can provide some info???

This is from Ron's Facebook page with the comments posted by others.

Ron Capps First drivers meeting of 2011.on the gas till the auto shutoff??come on man......
4 hours ago via Twitter · View Feedback (9)Hide Feedback (9) · @NapaRonCapps on Twitter4 people like this.
Kelli Thompson Kenney Really??????
4 hours agoAndy Gailey what really. next we will be racin to 800'
3 hours ago · 1 person
Loading...Ian Mutti slow them down, and bring back the 1/4 mile. force them to make tracks safer.
3 hours agoDeanna Fuqua Franzen Be safe :/
2 hours ago · 1 person
Loading...Paul Naber I agree slow'em down...drag racing is suppose to be 1320....plus I hate these 1/8 mile whiners.....1320 the way it started ...the way it should be!!

Just got back from Pomona, and there were far too many cars that idled through the traps at maybe 70 mph and sure enough, the chutes came out and the fuel was cut off. So someone has to come down and push them off. A complete waste of time. Although, I must admit, today went off ahead of schedule, almost too ahead of schedule. I was almost wishing for an oildown so I could go take a leak!

Sounds like driver error to me. If they went through the traps that slow they should have either, A) taken the early turnoff... Or B) released one parachute, (which would override the" auto shutdown") then drive it to the turnoff.
Either one would have kept the program moving.

I'd like to know who was on the throttle for 400 feet too long in the first place.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back