Ron Capps' Blog - Post Norwalk (1 Viewer)

I'm not familiar with the Grizzly Bear Resort here in Washinton that he mentioned, but having grown up in that area I am very familiar with Coeur d’Alene Lake. It's a beautiful area and a great place to get away for a few days to recharge the batteries.

Good Blog Ron....glad you liked the ride. When you get down to Buena Park I would love for you to compare it to the Knotts Berry Farm version.:eek:

WOW what a busy summer - LOTS of family time = GOOD for you Ron!!:)

Ahahaha, I love the line:

Registered member said:
Aren’t you glad you said to yourself, “I wonder how Ron is spending the next two months of his life?” Well…you asked!

That is freaking awesome.

The phone geek in me (I'm a mod on a cell phone forum heh) wants to know what phone Capps has now that he was using for this blog. I remember when I first met him in 2004 sitting in his trailer at Pacific Raceways and his phone rang. That was the first NHRA race I covered and basically the guy was teaching me the basics of the sport and all I wanted to do was please my inner phone geek and ask him about that Toshiba VM 4050 he was using.

I have a BlackBerry Curve and I think I'd shoot myself typing out a blog on that ... then again if I had two hours to kill waiting to ride a roller coaster I would probably whip out my cell phone, too. :p

I had that same Toshiba phone and loved it! It died though. :( Now, I'm a big ole geek too, Kris.....have a Rumor with the slide out qwerty keyboard. I am totally spoiled and don't think I could ever go back to texting on a regular keypad. ;)

I had that same Toshiba phone and loved it! It died though. :( Now, I'm a big ole geek too, Kris.....have a Rumor with the slide out qwerty keyboard. I am totally spoiled and don't think I could ever go back to texting on a regular keypad. ;)

Kelly knows texting, and I have the pictures to prove it!:D

That is a massive roadtrip! :cool:
Well, I have a racing wish: To see the NAPA car get a win, in person.
Still lots of racing left, so I am hoping for a last half steady climb to the top.
JFR, Wilk, and TPed look very strong.

Kelly knows texting, and I have the pictures to prove it!:D

Me too..... hee hee :p

vegas035.jpg

text! text! text!

That is a massive roadtrip! :cool:
Well, I have a racing wish: To see the NAPA car get a win, in person.
Still lots of racing left, so I am hoping for a last half steady climb to the top.
JFR, Wilk, and TPed look very strong.

Me too..... hee hee :p

vegas035.jpg

text! text! text!

Hey, that picture looks familiar. I'm sure I was nearby. I was probably texting Kelly. Gee, now that picture really makes me miss The Strip at LVMS. Hmmm, about 4 more months?

Last edited:
LMAO! Busted! Hey, I'll reply to a text before I answer the damned phone....won't I guys? :)

Good Blog Ron....glad you liked the ride. When you get down to Buena Park I would love for you to compare it to the Knotts Berry Farm version.:eek:

If i'm think as the same as you, i rode it a handful or years ago or so. Uses an aircraft carrier style catapult launch with liek a 2 second 0-60?

That was something else.

Oh, Kelly, you need to come to my other board where I'm a mod ... I'll PM you the link because it's a site dedicated to your carrier. I no longer have Sprint but it just cracked me up to see Ron with that Toshiba because I had a Sanyo VM4500. When I bought the Sanyo I stood in that Sprint store for an hour going back and forth between it and the Toshiba. :p

Texting! Oh man, do I text ... last month I did about 3,000 texts and the month before it was 4,700. That's the whole reason I got the BlackBerry, for the full keyboard! Seems like texting has gotten popular with the drivers, too, I know a few have mentioned it during top end interviews.

Maybe Ron will see this and tell us what phone he's using now to satisfy the phone geeks/drag racing fans. :D

LMAO! Thanks for the info, Papa Capps! :D Sidebar....I'm really glad that you're here. Enjoy your summer......I'm sure you're in those BUSY plans somewhere! :)

I saw Ron at Norwalk on Friday and I pretended that I thought he was Michael.

Ron's expression was priceless... like he didn't know whether to feel sorry for me or to slap me. :D

Priceless Garry!

I remember reading his Blog when he was first recognized in the airport by a non-drag racing fan from the American Dragster show. It's only going to get tougher and tougher in public now that he's released to the NASCAR fan-dome. LOL I have co-workers that said they've seen the Michael/Ron commercials during NASCAR races and were like.....Hey! Kelly talks about that guy! And she's got pictures of his car(s) all over her office! Heheh....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back