Rolex 24 (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
okay, spent 7 hours saturday afternoon/evening and all 9 hours watching, speed tv after an hour and a half lead in and start on fox... 16 hours live watching... looks like the GrandAm series is gonna be fun watching this year... might even get up to VMP to watch in person...

I know, get a life... after 24 hours top 4 cars were within, something like 8 seconds of each other... :eek:

d'kid

I watched the last 2 hours or so when I woke up today. I think the DP cars are ugly as he!!, and I wanted to see more of the GT action ... but all in all it was a good start to the racing season. Hurley Haywood is the man.

Saw the CBS coverage, but I don't have speed channel :(.
They usually only show the prototypes anyways.

I had a good time watching this race. I love it when they have an incar shot of a car doing a lap and the announcers SHUT UP so I can hear the engine and gearbox work. They don't do that NEARLY enough, but then maybe I'm a racing geek or something and enjoy that sort of thing...........

That's racing where you slow down, using the brakes, before the race is over and use the steering wheel for something other than recovering from getting out of shape or turning off at the end of the track? I don't understand. Why? :confused:

I was with ya, Karl! Did my Barrett-Jackson wallow last weekend, and the Rolex 24 this weekend. I really like the night coverage--seems like we get to see a lot of pit action during the racing. And man what a finish--imagine being that close together after 24 hrs. The Donohue-Montoya battle starting with about 1 hr to go was really something to see. And JPM came off like an arrogant little so-and-so in the after race interview, but what the heck--that guy can drive! I'd sure love to see him either get out of Nascar and return to where he was successful, or at least have a competitive ride in Nascar so we don't have to listen to the announcers talking about how tough it is to go to Nascar from say, F1 or Indy Car--yeah, it is tough when you're stuck in a car that struggles to be a top 10-15 car at best. Anyway, Montoya usually rubs me the wrong way a little in his interviews, but I have the utmost respect for his skills behind the wheel and I really enjoy watching him race.
And it was definitely cool to see Mark Donohue's son in the winner's circle! Wonder what one of those watches is worth????:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back