Rockabilly Rod Reunion (1 Viewer)

2nd pair just went off and they're down for medical attention; something
behind the starting line - not saying anything on live feed, anyone know
what happened?
thanks for the live feed it's great - wish the camera was @ 1/2 track,
but not complaining.

Last edited:
Has anybody heard how Ted Faggert is? He had a pretty hard near head-on into the right guardrail at Vegas yesterday (Sat) in his cool yellow Vette. It took a while to get him out of car, but no follow-up about his condition.

John Capps Sr.

Has anybody heard how Ted Faggert is? He had a pretty hard near head-on into the right guardrail at Vegas yesterday (Sat) in his cool yellow Vette. It took a while to get him out of car, but no follow-up about his condition.

John Capps Sr.

No, never heard an update, but it was a tense few minutes while they extracted him from the car. Sure hope he's okay.

John Capps Sr.

All I know is he was conscious when removed from the vehicle and was transported to be evaluated.:(

Funny Car winner: John Hale
A/Fuel: Kin Bates
Jr. Fuel: Dean Carter

****Josh Crawford making liciense passes in big show car, Densham the old man was getting in some time in Pluegers big show car. Interesting the 1st F/C Densham ever drove was Pluegers-they go back along way. ;)

Last edited:
The word I got from the track late yesterday was Ted had a couple of broken ribs and a possible punctured lung. Other than that he's okay. They had to cut him out of the car.

Sad because that's a brand new car that took them a few years to complete.
i hope Ted realize that driving a 4-link car ain't like drive a Blown Alcohol Hydro.

Here's hoping that the make it back out again soon. I'll call him in the next few days and check up on him.

John Capps Sr.

Wow...you mean he isn't racing the Superstar Dragboat anymore?

The word I got from the track late yesterday was Ted had a couple of broken ribs and a possible punctured lung. Other than that he's okay. They had to cut him out of the car.

i hope Ted realize that driving a 4-link car ain't like drive a Blown Alcohol Hydro.

Here's hoping that the make it back out again soon. I'll call him in the next few days and check up on him.

Gino, thanks for the update. That was tough to watch. Hope that he makes a full recovery real soon.

Gino, was that the same yellow vette going through shakedowns at the last ANRA event? Neat car, but looks like he was having some issues with it. :confused:

Yes, JR that's the same car and driver. From what it look to me other than being lined up way to the left, he got out of it and stabbed it again which caused the back end to come around on him; a common mistake.

From what I understand, that's the same engine that came out of his Blown Alcohol Hydro boat and it might be a bit too much for a short wheel base 4-link car. But who am I to question their abilities or intentions. Not gonna second guess Ted, Jerry, or the rest of the group involved.

John Capps Sr.

Mr. Capps, I just got off the phone with Ted and he said he's just fine. He's just upset and disappointed that the safety crew cut his car apart rather than letting him climb out of it.

He was out for about ten minutes and came to as they were firing up the Jaws-of-Life and that more damage was done cutting the car up than hitting the wall. Doesn't think that what is left is usable.

I took a pic of that car at the March Meet a few months ago:

IMG_0135.jpg

That was a unique car. The important thing is the driver is ok.

Yes, JR that's the same car and driver. From what it look to me other than being lined up way to the left, he got out of it and stabbed it again which caused the back end to come around on him; a common mistake.

From what I understand, that's the same engine that came out of his Blown Alcohol Hydro boat and it might be a bit too much for a short wheel base 4-link car. But who am I to question their abilities or intentions. Not gonna second guess Ted, Jerry, or the rest of the group involved.

If it is its just the the manifold down, I do know that Bruce Sanders has a complete one out of the boat in his A/G Camaro

Is Bruce trying to sell his car? I saw it on Racing Junk recently.

Nice group of guys they are. Seems like a lot of the boat guys are switching over to asphalt in recent years. And that's a good thing. We like the competition.

Thanks for posting the photo Paul. I'll say this about Ted's engine, one those heads is bigger than our entire engine.:D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back