Replacement for Gary Scelzi?? (1 Viewer)

And she's almost as cute as Sister Scelzi.:D

She's been racing for more than half her life, and a total babe, Shoe would look like a marketing genius on this one. It would really be cool if Dickies Girl would step up with her.

From her web site: Leah Pruett Racing

leahpruettkv6.jpg

So many of you don't get it. It's not about whether you can drive the car, it's about what hat Ashley is the back cover of the Mustang brochure. can you sell. Look at the publicity that Ashley Force has gotten. Look at where you see her. Even I was suprized last week when I was Mustang shopping, that Ashley is the back cover of the Mustang brochure.

Well there's no doubt that if Ashley can sell Mustangs, than Leah can surely sell chargers/challengers! But you hit on a good point - that's why when I come across a post on a message board questioning the hiring choices of a team owner, that person needs to realize that popularity and marketability are sometimes first in the minds of a team owner.

Look at Danica Patrick over at the IRL - how many races has she won for Motorola? Yet she is probably the only driver in the IRL the John Q. Publics can probably recognize besides "Ashley Judd's Husband."

However, if this rumor holds true than I have faith in Leah. She's certainly beautiful and ANYONE who can drive a fuel alterd surely can handle a funny car! I was also shocked to find out she's only 18.

So many of you don't get it. It's not about whether you can drive the car, it's about what can you sell. Look at the publicity that Ashley Force has gotten. Look at where you see her. Even I was suprized last week when I was Mustang shopping, that Ashley is the back cover of the Mustang brochure.

I don't know Leah, and I'm certainly not making any judgements, but finding someone who can drive the MOPAR Oakley Dodge isn't the issue. It's finding someone who can attempt to fill Gary's shoes. That is a MUCH bigger standard to meet. Anyone remember earlier this year in Las Vegas? The track was honoring Ken Black at "The Night of Champions" John Force was the featured speaker at a dinner that was $500.00 a plate. John asked to be excused, coming on the heels of Eric's (RIP) accident and the team skipping Houston. LVMS Ask Gary Scelzi if he would fill in, he did and was the star of the show. How many drivers could do that?

Do you know why MATCO Loves Whit? It's because he sells tools. And he is an incredible spokesman for the company. Winning races is a bonus, but he gets paid for selling tools.

They will find someone to drive Gary's old car, but no one will EVER replace Gary.

Alan

Amen Alan,

Shoe has met with a number of potential drivers, and I know one of them. He has the personality that can match Scelzi, and has plenty of seat time. Since Shoe invited him to a sit down, I'm hoping he'll be one of the few who will get a test/audition session. Oh,,, he can sell too,,,, not a problem there.

Leah can drive her 7.0 alky altered pretty good, but she isn't the only one who can do it. Other than being a young, pretty face, there isn't anything more there than what others bring to the table. The desire to race in the pro fuel ranks isn't more qualified or greater than many others out there. Nobody sold anything on just looks alone, and getting a car down the track isn't enough either. And the young/pretty angle is getting thinner. To paraphrase/plagerize Robin Miller, do you want a driver that can do the job for the sponsor and team, or do you want a photo op. Not suggesting that she couldn't or would not be able to do the job, but saying that you all have to look far beyond the cliche's and surface value. And in defense of Leah, I'm sure she'd like to be known more than a "hot chick", and would prefer to be known as a cabable driver first, and effective spokesperson next,,,, young and hot would be complimenting icing on the cake.

To those who wish to disagree, I yield the soapbox.

So many of you don't get it. It's not about whether you can drive the car, it's about what can you sell. Look at the publicity that Ashley Force has gotten. Look at where you see her. Even I was suprized last week when I was Mustang shopping, that Ashley is the back cover of the Mustang brochure.

I don't know Leah, and I'm certainly not making any judgements, but finding someone who can drive the MOPAR Oakley Dodge isn't the issue. It's finding someone who can attempt to fill Gary's shoes. That is a MUCH bigger standard to meet. Anyone remember earlier this year in Las Vegas? The track was honoring Ken Black at "The Night of Champions" John Force was the featured speaker at a dinner that was $500.00 a plate. John asked to be excused, coming on the heels of Eric's (RIP) accident and the team skipping Houston. LVMS Ask Gary Scelzi if he would fill in, he did and was the star of the show. How many drivers could do that?

Do you know why MATCO Loves Whit? It's because he sells tools. And he is an incredible spokesman for the company. Winning races is a bonus, but he gets paid for selling tools.

They will find someone to drive Gary's old car, but no one will EVER replace Gary.

Alan

I believe you have to have the whole package today to get anywhere.

1. Looks - Sad to say its part of the deal...
2. Talent - able to speak!!! Funny whitty get the point across
3. Winning - someday they all have to win something....

and get or have lots of money to back you...

I would have bet the farm that J.R. Todd was getting the job with Force.
Neff just surprises me, and wouldn't have been my pick. He's probably the perfect choice from the performance standpoint, but does he have the personality or the charisma? There were better options IMHO..

It takes one tough person to handle a Funny car. Especially a green gal.. Oops, I let out my sexist opinion.
Anyway, not that a young girl can't learn, but the curve is three times as long, with a lot of losing and screw ups.....
Will Don be that patient?
We all know that Ashley has forever and a day to learn...

My money is still on J.R.
Young, African American and good looking. Lots of potential there.
Neff? I still don't get it.......

Amen Alan,

Shoe has met with a number of potential drivers, and I know one of them. He has the personality that can match Scelzi, and has plenty of seat time. Since Shoe invited him to a sit down, I'm hoping he'll be one of the few who will get a test/audition session. Oh,,, he can sell too,,,, not a problem there.

Leah can drive her 7.0 alky altered pretty good, but she isn't the only one who can do it. Other than being a young, pretty face, there isn't anything more there than what others bring to the table. The desire to race in the pro fuel ranks isn't more qualified or greater than many others out there. Nobody sold anything on just looks alone, and getting a car down the track isn't enough either. And the young/pretty angle is getting thinner. To paraphrase/plagerize Robin Miller, do you want a driver that can do the job for the sponsor and team, or do you want a photo op. Not suggesting that she couldn't or would not be able to do the job, but saying that you all have to look far beyond the cliche's and surface value. And in defense of Leah, I'm sure she'd like to be known more than a "hot chick", and would prefer to be known as a cabable driver first, and effective spokesperson next,,,, young and hot would be complimenting icing on the cake.

Dale, very nice.

Amen Alan,

Dale, it seems that Female Drivers is the only way to sell this sport anymore. And the fact that JJ stated he wanted a Female driver just re-emphases that. How many more under 25 year olds know who Robert Hight is compared to Ashley Force??? It's a sponsors game anymore.

Anybody and I mean anybody with the desire can drive a fuel car but very few have the complete package! :cool:
She is just another pretty face....:cool:

Dale excellent post!

This might just have become a moot question! Gary just admitted to Gary (Jerrold) that he is wavering and that there might be an announcement by Indy - :eek:

I'm suprised that Don didn't say what he really thinks as he stated here on the mater that eventually Zippy will be another crew chief for JFR! ;)

He actually sounded like he didn't have a problem with the idea of Mike driving... LOL :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back