Remember This? (1 Viewer)

The barrel rolls once he got on top of the Armco barriers were hideous. His arm "looked" like it hit the guard rail on every rotation. Very nasty.

Late................Mitch

I remember seeing that on Decade of Thrills and Steve Evans saying something about the rolling across the knife like edge of the guard rail cut thru all the layers of Tim's firesuit on his thighs but didn't break the skin. Definitely one of the scariest looking crashes of all time.

What a read. It might be odd but (as a driver) when I see an incident like this I often wonder what it might have looked like from the driver's seat. Tim's comment about looking out at one of the wooden posts holding up the guardrail gave me a chill. He was very lucky to get out of that alive and with both arms and legs still attached.

Dave

My wife and I were there at that event. About 120' away and could feel the heat from the fire and could hear the fire bottle spining around. It was very bad looking.

Wow! That was something else! I am so glad they don't have the Armco guardrails anymore.

It was also great to hear Steve Evans voice again. That made me smile.:)

That was a bad one, for sure. I remember they later used that footage for an "Uh oh, better get Maaco" TV commercial starring Tim.

And speaking of commercials - call me crazy, but last night I saw Rod Fuller with my own 2 eyes, in a hair restoration commercial, wearing his firesuit. Has anybody else seen this??

I knew it. They should have shown his name. That's cool though. It just caught me off guard, seeing a drag racer when you're least expecting it. I 'spose not much different than seeing Dave Grubnic at the Lancomb & Clinique counters at a few upscale malls during the Strivectin-SD campaign.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back