Remember This Driver From 1987? (2 Viewers)

More people ran it than just Shirley, Ted and Dante - it was a tricky piece to set the idle on which made the throttle response some what difficult. It required a driver with a very fine touch to make it work.

However it complimented Sids blower design which was the old bowers very well. When a person could get them to work they flat out hauled. :)

I always enjoyed a Steve Evans interview, but when Dante won the finals of a race and Steve interviewed him, it was a great moment. You could just see how much it meant to him to win. I don't remember what race it was, but Evans said something to the effect of "Touchdown" and I thought Dan was gonna cry. I was happy for him then, it was good to see. Anybody know what race it was? I think it may even have been a rain delayed final on a Monday. Man, waaaay too many years ago to remember without some help.

I always enjoyed a Steve Evans interview, but when Dante won the finals of a race and Steve interviewed him, it was a great moment. You could just see how much it meant to him to win. I don't remember what race it was, but Evans said something to the effect of "Touchdown" and I thought Dan was gonna cry. I was happy for him then, it was good to see. Anybody know what race it was? I think it may even have been a rain delayed final on a Monday. Man, waaaay too many years ago to remember without some help.

Was it the Southern Nationals in Atlanta?

Pastorini also runnered-up to Dick LaHaie at the initial All Stars race at the Motorplex in 1987. Rains forced the Top Fuel final to be run at Atlanta a couple of weeks later.

Couch was tuning him...and when Dan got his money from the Raiders after a 10 year lawsuit he quit racing and has a business in TX....

Many used that injector...Combis was the first as he funded the patent.

Confirmed! Google is my friend.

Dan won in Atlanta in '86

Thanks Paul, I have been wondering about that all day. I know I have that race and a lot more recorded on the old VHS tapes I have stockpiled back home. One day I will get back and copy them onto the computer and go "youtube" crazy. Remember when you had to wait a week or so to see the race on TV?

The Quarterback Sneak was also the name on the dragster , black with gold lettering ,got pics of it and the Coors car at Houston and the Cajun Nationals ,but I have no scanner. But that could change ! :)

My all-time favorite Oiler Quarterback! :) Ah, memories.....I ate breakfast with Cris Dishman one morning at Denny's. Totally by accident! Oh, and Carl Mauck knocked me down in the airport once. And, and, and....Earl Campbell picked me and my metal folding chair up to get a football during pre-game warmups. Um, my ex-stepdad was in the oil business in the 80's and they used to have spectator seating on the sidelines. Good times, good times!

You know Kelly , I have pics. of him in shorts from Houston and Baton Rouge, you would love them ! , lol :D
Oh, my....that would definitely get that picture of Ron Jeremy from that other thread out of my head! Hook a sista up! LOL

Pastorini also runnered-up to Dick LaHaie at the initial All Stars race at the Motorplex in 1987. Rains forced the Top Fuel final to be run at Atlanta a couple of weeks later.

That was when they raced on foot for the cameras. Dan also ordered a cheeseburger and fries to be delivered to the car while waiting out the rain delay, as a goof. He was a really classy and friendly guy!

.....I ate breakfast with Cris Dishman one morning at Denny's. Totally by accident! Oh, and Carl Mauck knocked me down in the airport once. And, and, and....Earl Campbell picked me and my metal folding chair up to get a football during pre-game warmups......

Kel, don't forget that you drank a few beers with me at Vegas and then we grabbed dinner later that night....... you are surrounded by superstars!! :D

I just found awesome pic. I took at the Cajun Nationals of a side by side tire melting burnout with Big and Dan , Super Shops and the Quarterback Sneak, need a scanner , lol

Amato and possibly Shirley tried those injectors for a short time. Who the hell is Tara Lapinksi?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back