Remember This Driver From 1987? (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
Karen Eason, the lady in the photo, gave this great pic to me.

MEMORIES.

KARENDANPASTORINI-87.jpg

DANTE Pastorini.... For Sure.... He was sponsored by Coors Light for a season, maybe two, but....you can't forget that MUG!

I remember him! He had a weird looking injector hat that he ran on his car, not when he was sponsored by Coors. Anybody else remember that? :confused:

Thats Dan. He lives (or used to) here in Houston. I play a few "celebrity" golf tournaments a year and about 5 years ago I got to the course and got my pairings sheet to see who my "celebrity" was. None other than Mr Dan P himself but not a drag racing celeb but ofcourse as a former qb for the Oilers. It was a good time. We did a little bench racing during the round. He still enjoys the sport some. Though I have to tell you a few years ago I got paired with Tara Lapinksi (spl?), complete BIOTCH! Oh, and by the way, Dan's about 4 times that size now by the way.

My Mom & I loved to walk past his pit area. He is gorgeous in person! I swear, the palms of my hands would sweat when I saw him! Yuuuuummmmmmmmmy!!!!:D

Tht injector was made by Sid Waterman. Shirley and Ted Combis ran one too. They had trouble with it on burnouts because it has a side by side set of butterflies that flowed a LOT of air, and that made throttle response touchy..

I remember Dante pulling into the 85' Springs at NTR on Saturday around noon. His old POS junk Peterbilt cabover blew up somewhere on the west coast. He traded it off and bought a new KW 110" COE off the lot and hauled a$$, straight through driving for the Springs.
They unloaded, set up, ran for the staging lanes and ripped off a 5.63 in the very last session to make the show.
It was SPECTACULAR!
I don't remember if he went rounds, but I was a fan. That dude proved he was a hard core racer that day!
He was great for the sport and his team was one of the highlights in the 80's...

Here's a better photo of the car. Thanks to Karen Eason for sharing.

MEMORIES.

PASTORINI-1987.jpg

Tht injector was made by Sid Waterman. Shirley and Ted Combis ran one too. They had trouble with it on burnouts because it has a side by side set of butterflies that flowed a LOT of air, and that made throttle response touchy..

I remember Dante pulling into the 85' Springs at NTR on Saturday around noon. His old POS junk Peterbilt cabover blew up somewhere on the west coast. He traded it off and bought a new KW 110" COE off the lot and hauled a$$, straight through driving for the Springs.
They unloaded, set up, ran for the staging lanes and ripped off a 5.63 in the very last session to make the show.
It was SPECTACULAR!
I don't remember if he went rounds, but I was a fan. That dude proved he was a hard core racer that day!
He was great for the sport and his team was one of the highlights in the 80's...

And if I remember right George, the rest of the story is the after the rig was parked, it sank into the seemingly always rain soaked ground and had to be pulled out with a tractor after the event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back