Reed To Speed This Friday & Saturday In Sydney! (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Steven Reed of the Reed Racing team has an eye on capturing the lead in the ANDRA Top Alcohol Championship at the Western Sydney Dragway’s Boxing Day USA Showdown from the this Friday & Saturday!

Driving his 3500 horsepower Funny Car, which will again be backed by Premier One/Swarfega for the event, Steven has been in career best form in the early part of the 2008/2009 season to be currently positioned in the number 2 position.

A strong result in Sydney though could see him rocket to the top of the standings coming into the New Year and the second half of the series.

“My Funny Car has just been getting better and better and our early season results and times look extremely promising for us,” Steven Reed said.

“We are always developing new ideas and looking for ways to go faster as the Top Alcohol bracket in one of the most competitive Group One categories in the country and you can’t be complacent.”

“I think one of the biggest factors in Sydney though will be the weather and track conditions as they can be very unpredictable at this time of the year, and it could come down to which teams that adapt the fastest.”

“We will be drawing on all of our years of experience in the hope that it will be us!”

Debbie Reed will also be back in the Reed Racing team’s second Top Alcohol entry with her 5-second, 400 kph Dragster.

She had initially hoped to debut her new Funny Car at the event, however the inclement Queensland weather over the last 2 months has played havoc with her testing and familiarisation in the vehicle.

“I don’t feel the need for me to rush into my new Funny Car, I am really looking forward to racing it in the Championship but will not be doing it until I am 100% comfortable,” Debbie Reed said.

“We had planned a couple of test sessions for me over the last couple of months but unfortunately all of them were cancelled due to the Queensland storms.”

“I will still be racing in Sydney on Boxing Day though in my trusty Dragster which we think will have a better chance for me pushing for the win.”

Fuchs presents Shannons USA Top Fuel Showdown
December 26 -27, 2008

Western Sydney Dragway
Ferrers Road, Eastern Creek

- Featuring USA Star and world''''s fastest female - Hillary Will!
- USA (Kalitta) car and crew!
- Racing for the Scott Kalitta Memorial Trophy.
- 2008-2009 ANDRA Championship Round for Top Fuel & Top Alcohol.
- Gate opening times approx. 9am both days.

Attachments

• 1526.jpg
    1526.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,075
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back