Redding (1 Viewer)

From what I've read on Facebook, this past weekend was a great success. 4 N/TF cars went up against 4 N/FC in a head-to-head first round pairing.

The cars were:
Champion Speed Shop - Adam Sorokin
The Nomad - Bryan Hall
WW2 - Jim Murphy
Nitro Fever - Rick Ramsey I believe; Sacramento Raceway owners car.
Matthews Motorsports - James Day
Mac Attack - Cory McClenathan
The Hitman - out of Washington I don't know the driver's name
and G-Men - Wally Giavia

In the end, it was two N/TF cars in the finals and they will wait to run it at another time as it got too late to finish.

Quoting Jim Murphy who rarely posts of Facebook about the event, "Got back home from the Redding race this afternoon and thought I would check in. It really was a lot fun, we had a blast. The track is really nice and they have done an outstanding job with everything they have done this far, which is a bunch. It was much more laid-back than the Heritage series races for us, we were able to visit with people, old school style. It was also a good race for us as far as the car goes as we learned a lot, didn’t hurt much and was very consistent. Had a great race with Bryan Hall, we were neck and neck until I got loose and had to shut off. Bryan ran really well and went on to the finals which will be held at a later date. Entire weekend brought back a lot of memories for me from a time when racing was a bit simpler and not quite as intense intense. I wish a lot of success to the new Redding drag strip."

They're already looking to put a AA/FA show together for the Summer.

From what I've read on Facebook, this past weekend was a great success. 4 N/TF cars went up against 4 N/FC in a head-to-head first round pairing.

The cars were:
Champion Speed Shop - Adam Sorokin
The Nomad - Bryan Hall
WW2 - Jim Murphy
Nitro Fever - Rick Ramsey I believe; Sacramento Raceway owners car.
Matthews Motorsports - James Day
Mac Attack - Cory McClenathan
The Hitman - out of Washington I don't know the driver's name
and G-Men - Wally Giavia

In the end, it was two N/TF cars in the finals and they will wait to run it at another time as it got too late to finish.

Quoting Jim Murphy who rarely posts of Facebook about the event, "Got back home from the Redding race this afternoon and thought I would check in. It really was a lot fun, we had a blast. The track is really nice and they have done an outstanding job with everything they have done this far, which is a bunch. It was much more laid-back than the Heritage series races for us, we were able to visit with people, old school style. It was also a good race for us as far as the car goes as we learned a lot, didn’t hurt much and was very consistent. Had a great race with Bryan Hall, we were neck and neck until I got loose and had to shut off. Bryan ran really well and went on to the finals which will be held at a later date. Entire weekend brought back a lot of memories for me from a time when racing was a bit simpler and not quite as intense intense. I wish a lot of success to the new Redding drag strip."

They're already looking to put a AA/FA show together for the Summer.
1652191516109.png

AA/FC... From Washington State it's Tim "The Hitman" Eickstadt. I believe this was his debut at Seattle last year (July)
For sure it was the first time I saw the car, and maybe the first time I heard the name Tim Eickstadt.
Nice looking Chevy Camaro body nitro flopper.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the top end shutdown area look like it's going to be taken over by flood water at any time??

Naw, if you look at Google Earth satalite image you can see a creek that runs to the north of the the track, but far away enough not to be concerned with.

Stolen off of Facebook:

280813698_10217112666487121_5215613255607207335_n.jpg

281439386_10217112708648175_1476832330946950686_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back