"Red Dawn" Minturn ready to rock her home track in Norwalk (1 Viewer)

NORWALK, Ohio (June 21, 2011) - Pro Stock Motorcycle rookie Dawn Minturn plans to take her "home track" race, this weekend's fifth annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Positioned half way between Cleveland and Toledo and just an hour and a half north of her home in Columbus, it's her first NHRA race at Norwalk but definitely not her first time there.

Having cut her teeth on a Top Gas bike, she is very excited to race her "big bike" in the "big show."

"We are pretty excited!" Minturn said. "This is my 'home track,' so I'm really comfortable with how things work and the layout of the grounds. I've participated in a couple AMA Dragbike races in Norwalk and also did some bracket racing there last year on my Top Gas bike."

Minturn will be flying the colors of Schiets Motorsports of Freemont, Ohio - a local motorcycle dealership - and she said she's "definitely motivated to show them the excitement of NHRA drag racing."

"Norwalk is such a unique and special track. The fans are always amazing, and with the way the weather is shaping up, if we can dodge a few raindrops we should be able to take a big step forward in our performance.

"In [our last race at] Houston we were definitely heading in the right direction with our tune up. After going over all our data and strategizing on what we need to do, we are looking forward to running some good competitive numbers in Norwalk," she said.

Minturn will also be carrying the banner of her faithful sponsors, Avitae Caffeinated Water, Mordarski Law Offices and Bully Dog Performance as she and the team work to make the field in her third NHRA appearance.

Qualifying is scheduled for 4:15 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Friday and 11:40 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. Saturday. Eliminations are slated for 11:00 a.m. Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back