PSM Rookie Dawn Minturn sets personal best in Gainesville (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 13, 2011) - Being number 24 out of 27 trying to make the top 16 doesn't seem like a good finish when you're talking about NHRA Full Throttle Pro Stock Motorcycle competition. For PSM rookie Dawn Minturn, however, "it's a good performance and a great season baseline" from last weekend's NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla.

"We didn't make the field, but we came close. And I set a personal best elapsed time of 7.07 seconds at 188.12 mph. That's a great weekend as far as I'm concerned," Minturn said.

"We definitely have the power in this bike to be a contender, I just have to continue improving my driving, and that just comes with seat time," she said.

Avitae Caffeinated Water, Bully Dog Performance and Mordarski law offices supported Minturn's efforts in Gainesville, and she said she will be working with them and other potential sponsors to continue her rookie season when Pro Stock Motorcycle is next contested, April 29-May 1 in Baytown, Texas just outside Houston.

"It really takes a lot of people to get someone out on that track for an event like this, and without my awesome sponsors or the support of my fiancé, my awesome crew chief Keith Nichols, Greg Underdahl and so many more, I'd never have had this chance. Thank you to each of them," she added.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back