Re: Team Cat (1 Viewer)

My hubby and I wonder the same thing when we hear about this morning on bussness show he watches ever morning.

Has it not been said that the Cat deal came about because they were having problems finding mechanics to work on their stuff and that NHRA seemed to be the perfect place to find them? Seems to me that when sales die off it's the Service Department that keeps a company afloat. Might be the same kind of deal here. Be positive that NHRA can provide revenue in the right places.

Not to worry. As stated above, they can make money in service and, Rod's deal helps that part of the business.
Besides, one bad day on Wall Street (after they great times they've had lately) is not going to panic for the intermediate term.

Lastly, they aren't doing this on a hand-shake, are they?:p

I highly doubt that... That would be an embarassment... I'm sure NHRA only announces sponsors once the paperwork is done...:rolleyes:

CJ Curtsinger

Sponsorships are only as good as the paper they are written on. Lots of sponsors have pulled out of contracts due to business concerns in all forms of advertising. CAT is also involved in WOO and NASCAR and I'm sure they are looking at them all and will determine which one gives them the biggest bang for the buck if or when they pull back.

I agree service sectors always survive during hard times but it's also not uncommon for big corperations to farm it out to a third parties like Penske who supplies the mechanics. :rolleyes:
There really isn't any mechanics around anymore anyway.
Most of the people are techs they just hook up the code reader get the code and replace the bad part they have absolutely no diagnostic skills what-so-ever! ;)

The reason I got out of the heavy equipment repair buisness was mainly travel, on call and going to God knows where, fixing something that some idiot tore up because He didn't know when to stop. Also it is hard work, plain and simple, changing tracks and rebuilding the undercarriage on a D11 is not fun. It was cool when I was 30 but at 46 I don't think so. Cat is a good sponsor, I think DPM and Rod Fuller will be fine, they are just projecting a slow year, remember, if you want a new D10 dozer you have to order it a year in advance, unless there is one on somebodys lot, so they forecasting based on recent orders. We (Trane air conditioning) are forecasting the same thing. I will only work 5 more weeks this year due to excessive inventory, poor me:D

The reason I got out of the heavy equipment repair buisness was mainly travel, on call and going to God knows where, fixing something that some idiot tore up because He didn't know when to stop. Also it is hard work, plain and simple, changing tracks and rebuilding the undercarriage on a D11 is not fun. It was cool when I was 30 but at 46 I don't think so. Cat is a good sponsor, I think DPM and Rod Fuller will be fine, they are just projecting a slow year, remember, if you want a new D10 dozer you have to order it a year in advance, unless there is one on somebodys lot, so they forecasting based on recent orders. We (Trane air conditioning) are forecasting the same thing. I will only work 5 more weeks this year due to excessive inventory, poor me:D

Good point Kenny but another reason is they are too damn expensive to keep a stock of them.
After all they are specialty equipment!

I've been a heavy equipment field mechanic for 15 years, I gave it up right before I turned 40 for the reasons Kenny stated above, It's ok if you start out when your 20 or something but by 40 your wore out, it's not easy and there no room for advancement when you get older.

My company just took delivery of a large Cat diesel generator along with a series of transfer switches and controls for a large school project we're doing last week. The whole unit was constructed in the UK. I thought that was a tad bit odd.

We had to wait a long time to get delivery and as it turned out it arrived in the "nick of time" for installation on schedule. For a company that has great quality equiptment (like Cat) they will always endure the bumps in the road and come out the other end on top. I'm convinced that they will be fine.

We've installed alot of Gen-sets through the years and they are unquestionably the finest of them all.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back