re New Posts (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
When I add to a thread or a post, I check to be notified immediately, or I subscribe to that thread.. but never get notified when a new post is made....

anyone else having that problem..

This option is turned off because it was abused.

Thanks,
Shannon

How the heck can you abuse it? That sucks!

Man, I depend on that email or I'll never get out to this site without it.

Guess I can start taking lunch and breaks again, now that I won't be giving back time to the company, for the time I spend on the internet. And it's for sure I'm not coming in any earlier then 5am to check my personal stuff before starting work.

Can't you ban or warn the abusers and let the rest of us who know how to act, have the feature back? Geez.... I guess there are still folks who want to ruin it for others around.

This stinks.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....well, I don't get e-mails anymore when I receive a PM, although it's selected in my Options. :confused:

I believe the notification emails, when shut off for one thing, automatically get shut off for the other.

What happens is people don't check their inboxes and they get full. This causes the notification emails to back up on Nitromater's server. It takes up space/bandwidth.

Now, what I don't understand is why someone would waste their time getting verified and then not keep up with the email notifications or the threads.

I'm admitting my elevator don't go to the top floor... :( but by being notified when a new post it added to a subscribed thread, "HOW" can someone abuse this feature.. ? I mean if I subscribe, & get an E mail that someone had added a post to that thread, HOW can I abuse or do anything to harm the forum ?

Just asking ... I guess its a computer nerd question...

I notice its the same over in the competition (Torco) forum...they do not notify you if someone adds to a thread.. however I also belong to the Corvette forum, & the DO send notifications.. and have been doing so for 6 years.. I asked and they say they have had no abuse... ???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back