Randy Meyer Racing Surprising Coming (1 Viewer)

Guessing 3.50's - 3.60's 1/8 mile at 220 plus. Yeah!

You think NHRA is watching? heh
Oh yeah, NHRA is watching.... as are the other TA/FC racers. NHRA offered this as a class last year, but nobody has built one, or at least run one in competition. Will be really interesting!

Maybe if it catches on it will revitalize the alky classes that sadly have had very low car counts lately.

Oh yeah, NHRA is watching.... as are the other TA/FC racers. NHRA offered this as a class last year, but nobody has built one, or at least run one in competition. Will be really interesting!

Maybe if it catches on it will revitalize the alky classes that sadly have had very low car counts lately.

False. NHRA asked the teams about adding A/FC to the TA/FC class rules. Word is they heard more Nos than Yeses. Will Hanna posted about it in several spots on the web, including FB and Inside Top Alcohol. One of the other drivers could fill in the blanks with that. But the point is, A/FC was never approved.

False. NHRA asked the teams about adding A/FC to the TA/FC class rules. Word is they heard more Nos than Yeses. Will Hanna posted about it in several spots on the web, including FB and Inside Top Alcohol. One of the other drivers could fill in the blanks with that. But the point is, A/FC was never approved.
All true. But NHRA is still considering this, and I'm sure will be paying attention.

We tried to give it traction 20 years ago, but there were too many against the idea. Bucky and I were definitely for it, but the majority didn't want TA/FC to become the nightmare TAD was at the time when they were sorting out the fairness between the blown alcohol and injected nitro combinations. Some long time TAD racers came over to TA/FC to get away from competing against the A/Fuel cars. Scott Weis put an A/Fuel funny car in top alcohol at IHRA races but the combination was quickly banned because he was out performing the field of alky cars.

Read it here:

I beleive Funny Car Caos is run what ya brung and hope you can get it down the track quick enough. Remember last year when the Worshams put together some spare parts of a car and brought to the event?

BTW, why would NHRA be paying attention? Least wise the decision makers. Here's how it's done, Get at least 8 cars together will all the same configuration and go book your own events. If there is enough interest then NHRA will take notice. That's what the Nitro Harley and Pro Mod guys got started. A tried and trued formula.

Many, many years ago (heh) in the Pro Comp class, they had A/FC, injected nitro F/C. I only remember 2 cars, Gene Adams and John Kinsel (?), the Drummer. Those 2 racing was always a good show. Very few injected nitro F/C. Well, maybe this will change if Meyer's car runs well. What I don't want to see is the class become lopsided like T/AD is today. I can think of 2 really good blown alky dragsters and a few more than could step up, so maybe 5 in the class.

There were a lot of A/FC cars. The first Veney's Vega was injected nitro. Here is a FB group on just A/FC history;

N/A Injected funny car Group
Yep, there were a lot of A/FCs early on, even before Pro Comp. Remember Jack Ditmars' litttle Opel FC? Veney was part of an injected FC circuit out on the west coast, also before Pro Comp was started, and I think they were injected alky, but went to nitro for Pro Comp. I don't think it would take long to achieve parity based on decades of data from TAD. The real reluctance has been the fear that it won't grow the TAFC class, but would just see many existing teams switch to the injected fuel combo, and we may lose the uniqueness of high revving, feet swapping, gear changing FCs. As has been said a zillion times, getting more cars to show up is as simple as offering some decent money to make it hurt less for racers to hit the road. Look what Rodger Brogdon has done on behalf of Competition Eliminator.

Don't know why I forgot the "other" A/FC cars. They had circuits back East w/ lots of great cars. I remember the injected alky F/C circuit, which ran SoCal, Lions, Irwindale, etc. Ken Veney, Dale Armstrong, Wild Wilfred, on & on. Lot of them went to Pro Comp and later TA/FC, some to nitro I think.

Pro Comp BB/FC blown alky & A/FC injected nitro. No real class called B/FC, but WE would call it that. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back