Randy Meyer Racing Surprising Coming (2 Viewers)

A Randy Meyer Racing Facebook post from Friday afternoon says,
"Randy and the team have been busy working on a secret project... and here's your hint. (Video https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=487683399602781) Can you guess what it is?
The NEWS is dropping next week! Want to be the first to know? Subscribe to our newsletter (https://tinyurl.com/39pks7x5) to hear it first! This will blow your minds"

Any guesses?
The obvious guess would be going to run TF at some events. I know Travis Shumake has some involvement with the team so it could have something to do with him as well. Could be the return of Megan as well.

Randy Meyer actually ran Top Fuel before a high speed tire failure caused a bad crash at Dallas in 1988. And Nataas has always said she wants to eventually drive in Top Fuel, which is her family history. So yeah Top Fuel is a possibility.

Randy Meyer as a T/F crew chief would be extremely interesting. Julie always had T/F aspirations, but would be a bit surprised to see the Meyer family head in that direction. Would love to see it, though

Blaine & Alan Johnson. they won T/AD title 4 years in a row with an Rat motor. Blaine probably would have won the T/F championship if not for his death at Indy.

You're right Mitch. I guess I was remembering at the banquet that year, that Kenny Bernstein gave the championship trophy to Blane's family. I thought a lot of Kenny for doing that. So many great drivers that got killed in crashes. You have to wonder, what if they had lived? sigh

Probably Cliff???

Took them 4 more races to catch his point total and by then it’s the end of the season.....
Not saying Kenny was going to catch Blaine, but Kenny took over the points lead the next race in Reading and that was race 16 of 19. So it certainly wasn't 4 races.

Yes "but" the Olds was based on the Chevy Rat Motor, I think the one WJ designed for Pro Stock. Still, they beat the Hemi's, no small feat. At one time, they had 2 magnetos on the engine, then went back to one. Interesting to me that Warren Johnson designed the Olds motor and Blaine Johnson won in T/AD with it. I know that Aries designed a Hemi-Chevy (based on the Rat motor) and it ran as good as the Chryslers, but it never seemed to catch on.

Just for yuks & grins, Drew Austin is running a Ford "shotgun motor" in Nostalgia F/C (in a Camaro) and it's running just as good as the Chryslers. That is the engine designed by Walt & son Pat Austin so many years ago. They ran that engine as nostalgia A/FD and it went into the 5's at around 240 MPH.

Last edited:
The Arias hemi became the Fontana engine that became the MBR (Bob Miner) engine. Now it belongs to someone else, but it has done very well over the years in top alcohol and tractor pullers.

My guess is A/FC...

Via Randy Meyer Racing's FB page;

Here's your blurry sneak peek... can you guess the surprise?

276300918_492864002315708_2748979591583771757_n.jpg

On her FB page, someone asked about her license, and she said she would have to get a new her current license. So, ya... it's a flooper. At first, I was thinking/hoping it was a Nostalgia A/Fuel dragster. But, it looks like the axle is behind the driver, and then there is that big white body in the background...

Just guessing here but I’m thinking from the hints they have given, the Lagana’s are involved.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back