Rain at Maple Grove?? (1 Viewer)

Probably a great thing this year isn't using the new "improved" points system? Two shots at getting in a field to stay in the hunt after dominating all year?

This may adversely affect my picks this week, Doh! Man I'm glad I didn't hoopex to go to this race, I can see the cross country journey following Dallas to get this one in/finished.

S/F
D

Probably a great thing this year isn't using the new "improved" points system? Two shots at getting in a field to stay in the hunt after dominating all year?

True Doc, very true. You have to admit though, it will certainly turn the pressure up full blast on the "Elite 8" when they have to contend with shortened qualifying at this point in the season next year. It'll make for great entertainment (TV, drama, etc.) and that's what the point currently is for the powers that be at Glendora. Us diehards are going to watch anyway... maybe this will bring some new viewers / fans after all.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing but I'm willing to give it a fair shake to see what works out.

getting 2 shots is the same as the new points system- NO room for any error. now imagine getting only 2 qual sessions next year at one of the final 6 races. wow

getting 2 shots is the same as the new points system- NO room for any error. now imagine getting only 2 qual sessions next year at one of the final 6 races. wow

Actually sounds pretty cool. What a race... no room for error, Lady Luck as well as skill! I truly think this new points system evens the playing field, in a most exciting (for the fans) way. What a great concept. It's time to have some fun again.

I remember around 97-98 Phoenix went through this scenario. I loved it, everyone was pedaling the cars to squeeze whatever they could ET wise. None of this up in smoke shut-off stuff.

This is Reading. I went to the race for 10+ years and it was placed in the wrong time of the year. Next year, the biggest problem will probably be thunderstorms from the afternoon heat. I am happy to say I witnessed numerous record runs at Reading and I can only hope it can continue in August. One positive of the move is that you shouldn't have to worry about complete rain outs.

Actually sounds pretty cool. What a race... no room for error, Lady Luck as well as skill! I truly think this new points system evens the playing field, in a most exciting (for the fans) way. What a great concept. It's time to have some fun again.
why not just play rock paper scissors. that would be dramatic too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back