Racers or truckers who travel in California (1 Viewer)

Nitrohaulic

Nitro Member
Apparently this is a new revenue getter. Just passing it along from my company.

SAVE YOURSELF FROM GETTING FINED IN CALIFORNIA
NEWLY ENFORCED STATE LAW ‐ 2008
ALL TRACTORS (1974 or newer) ENTERING CALIFORNIA MUST HAVE AN EMISSIONS LABEL, AFFIXED TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE BLOCK BELOW THE INTAKE MANIFOLD, LISTING THE FOLLOWING:
• ENGINE MANUFACTURED
• ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER
• STATEMENT INDICATING THE ENGINE HAS MET FEDERAL E.P.A OR CARB (California Air Resources Board) STANDARDS WHEN IT WAS MANUFACTURED LABELS CAN BE CONSTRUCTED OF METAL OR PLASTIC PLASTIC LABELS, IN THE FORM OF A DECAL, MAY BE AFFIXED TO THE ENGINE WITH ADHESIVE METAL LABELS CAN BE AFFIXED BY ADHESIVE OR RIVETS AN AUTHORIZED ENGINE DEALER CAN RE‐CERTIFY THE ENGINE & ATTACH A NEW LABEL
**IF YOU HAVE AN EMISSION STICKER, MAKE SURE IT CAN BE READ AND IS NOT PAINTED OVER**

TO VIEW ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Subject Top Page: Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Certification Label (ECL) Inspection Program

What's next?

More great news from the land of fruits and nuts. I figure because I have a truck that means me and the oil companies have all the money. In an effort to keep from laying off all the teachers they'll just have to fine the truckers.

RG

Someone on classicfunnycarboard just said they read in a trade magazine that 1,500 trucks have been hit with an $800 fine for this so far. I put this in the NHRA section mainly so that racers would get a heads up and be able to avoid this ridiculous gouging. Oh well.

What a croc!!!:mad::mad:
I'm very happy my company doesn't go into CA. However our sister company (NPE) does and most are owner-operators and speak very little english (tryin' to be PC here) so I bet a bunch of them are getting nailed!

Wonder if that'll be enforced on the trucks coming up from Mexico.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What a croc!!!:mad::mad:
I'm very happy my company doesn't go into CA. However our sister company (NPE) does and most are owner-operators and speak very little english (tryin' to be PC here) so I bet a bunch of them are getting nailed!

Wonder if that'll be enforced on the trucks coming up from Mexico.:rolleyes:

The same person said that California also just passed an anti-idling law for trucks that INCLUDES APUs/generators! Some guys spend $7,000-8,000 as a long term investment, having diesel generators installed that will produce AC power and circulate freon and hot water, just so they DON'T have to idle!

OMG!!! What a bassackwards way to do things!!!
I truely feel sorry for any one who has to deal with CA.
:mad::mad::mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back