Quickest AMC ET ever? (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Was looking at Top Dragster Q from St Louie, and noticed that the #5 car is Alan O'Brien, from Roncerverte, W. VA., in an AMC powered dragster. 6.082 - 222.25. I believe that this is the quickest ever ET for an AMC powered car, regardless of class. Cast iron AMC? Blown? Turbo? Nitrous? Anyone know about this car? I mean 6.082 with an AMC motor!!!! Wow......

Thanks Bob. That's the car! 6.04 - 236! Twin turbos, wow..... Would love to see this thing run in person. :)

Thanks Bob. That's the car! 6.04 - 236! Twin turbos, wow..... Would love to see this thing run in person. :)

He has run 5's in testing, it's an Indy Cylinder Head combo. Also has a Top Sportsman car with a similar combinatin.

Alan

That’s impressive! Hey I also saw a nice sized field of Comp cars, but why is the ladder set after Q1?

He has run 5's in testing, it's an Indy Cylinder Head combo. Also has a Top Sportsman car with a similar combinatin.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I take it that the block is cast iron & billet heads? Still, 5's..... :)

Well, fooey. O'Brien lost rd 2, 6.057 on a 6.05 dial, R/T .034. Winner was T/D Champ Lynn Ellison in the Pirate, who ran 6.240 on a 6.23, with an R/T of .008. I noticed that Rd 1, the ET's were all over the place, but everyone tightened up for Rd 2. Some good racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back