Question on being DQ'd (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
On another forum the following post was made...

I've seen a both cars go green, both cars cross the finish with the faster car taking the stripe and win light. In the shutdown the faster car hits the breaks too hard and rolls once. Doesn't cross or hit the walls and comes up sunny side up (a little roof scuff ok a lot of roof scuff). Was DQ for unsafe braking and the other car was awarded the win.

I think if "BOTH" cars cross the finish line the race is over & the winner is the winner, & the win cant be given to the slower car because of the above post ?

Anyone know the rule here ?

I would think "unsafe braking" would be considered the infraction, IF it takes place from the driver hammering the brakes in the lights (Comp) trying to win but not break out, which would have started prior to the stripe.

I think if "BOTH" cars cross the finish line the race is over & the winner is the winner, & the win cant be given to the slower car because of the above post ?

Anyone know the rule here ?

You can be DQ'ed for a variety of things after the race is over. Like weight, fuel, missing safety gear, etc., etc. Don't see how a safety infraction like excessive braking is any different.

More on this. The rule on excessive braking has, in caps, the language "INCLUDING PAST THE FINISH LINE". So the answer is "you betcha".

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back