Qualifying On ESPN2 (1 Viewer)

Leebone

Nitro Member
First of all, don't get me wrong, I appreciate ESPN for broadcasting my favorite sport. They do an excellent job. However, the scheduling is confusing and very frustrating. According to the schedule on nhra.com, qualifying at Reading was supposed to start at 12:30am here in the east. So I tune in and it wasn't on. So, I check my cable schedule and it says it will air at 2:30am. Okay, so I'm still up there's college football highlights on instead. Okay, I'm a patient guy, but this gets frustrating. I'm beginning to think the NHRA is ESPN's red headed stepchild that no one likes. The Rodney Dangerfield of televised sports. No respect. Well, that's it for me tonight. I'll try again tomorrow evening. :mad:

You are correct sir, it appears for several years now the drag racing coverage is inconsistent. I miss the good ole' days of ABC's wild world of sports with all the great announcers and the enthusiasm that they brought with it! Not to take away from the current lineup, but let's face it, it was a sport more viewed back then based on the limited number of broadcast channels.

You are correct sir, it appears for several years now the drag racing coverage is inconsistent. I miss the good ole' days of ABC's wild world of sports with all the great announcers and the enthusiasm that they brought with it! Not to take away from the current lineup, but let's face it, it was a sport more viewed back then based on the limited number of broadcast channels.

Ask any one here if they want to go back to the ABC Wide World of Sports days. One hour, a week or two later after the race. And also no qualifying show, which is what Lee was talking about.

Sunday evening, you can watch a one hour of Qualifying show one day after the fact, and three hours on same day tape delay in prime time. Due you really want to go back to WWS.

For those of you that want to move to SPEED here is an update
This from the sportscar guys

americanlemansfans.com • Login

It is my understanding that SPEED becomes FOX Sports 1, FOX Soccer becomes FOX Sports 2, and FUEL TV becomes FOX Sports 3.

It is also my understanding that a lot of racing would move to FOX Sports 3. Distribution is poor for that network, but it does exist. That does not necessarily mean all racing. Trucks and F1 will both be negotiated (F1 is in negotiations right now as far as a 2013 U.S. TV deal), but would end up on FS1 or 2 at worst if retained. Sports car racing, particularly Le Mans, which is already contracted with News Int'l for a few more years in the U.S., would be good candidates for FS3.

So, the plans don't totally exclude racing, if what I know is correct is, in fact, correct. They just exclude people whose cable providers do not carry FUEL.

Guess where NHRA ends up

tb

I always set my DVR to run an hour late when drag racing being taped, but I forgot to do that last night. I realized this morning that I bet I missed most if not all of it. The Sunday qualifying re-air show is usually chopped up.

I always set my DVR to run an hour late when drag racing being taped, but I forgot to do that last night. I realized this morning that I bet I missed most if not all of it. The Sunday qualifying re-air show is usually chopped up.

Last night was an hour, tonight is an hour

tb

It certainly isn't perfect, but it's light years ahead of the WWS days. Races weren't a couple weeks later, I remember watching Pomona or Indy many weeks afetr the events had run. And the total airtime given to drag racing MAY have been a half hr., but it was probably less.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back