Qatar Ready for F1 ! (1 Viewer)

These people are SERIOUS about motorsports - :eek:
It has also been reported that Bruton Smith has met with the Emir (who I believe is Shiek Khalid's father) about building a NASCAR style track.
FORMULA-ONE - F1: Qatar Could Join Calendar - SPEEDtv.com
The race there today has shown how the sport has matured since Jim's post.

Beautiful track, AMAZING cars and tech, and the coverage - wow. An hour of pre-race in the paddock, and a network jump to the Big channel for a 2 hour commercial- free race.

Money DOES buy you happiness!

The race there today has shown how the sport has matured since Jim's post.

Beautiful track, AMAZING cars and tech, and the coverage - wow. An hour of pre-race in the paddock, and a network jump to the Big channel for a 2 hour commercial- free race.

Money DOES buy you happiness!

wife and I have been following F1 for many years. F1 is on a whole other level when it comes to motorsports. They have a budget cap of $135 million per team, F1 distributes $900 million in prize money over the year. An engine costs in the range of $17 million.

The track itself has some tight turns. But those rumble strips (kerbs) when running off the track in the corners were tire killers. That led the FIA to put an 18 lap maximum on any tire for today's race.
The technology in F1 cars is insane. And, that's just for the steering wheel. The hybrid drivetrain is a mechanical work of art.
Max Verstappen is having a career year.
I had to chuckle a bit when Lewis Hamilton knocked himself out of the race in the 1st corner of the 1st lap when he tried cutting off his own teammate in the turn. His teammate George Russell went on to finish 4th.

the only part i don't like about the middle east tracks, which there are 4 now, is they have no elevation change, just a track laid out on the flat desert,
complete with state of the art infrastructure. these races will most likely stay on the calendar, while there is always talk about older races going away, due
to stupid money being offered by other countries to host a race. france is gone next year, and shanghai is back.
there is always talk about spa (belgium), or red bull ring(austria) losing it's race. i sure hope not.
IMO not really sure what they were thinking with boring miami race @ hard rock; seems like a street circuit near ocean could have been over the top great.
in '24 will be in americas for 4 in a row, austin, mexico city, saul palo, and vegas. ...... sure hope vegas circuit works out. awfully flat, just like so many others.

Last edited:
good race in austin yesterday. the #1 red bull was not as dominating. some sort of brake issues.
hamilton and leclerc DQ'd from race post inspection. some sort of skid plates on underside had too much wear.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back