Qatar ranks last in "shoe throwers index" (1 Viewer)

If I were a citizen of Qatar, I wouldn't protest, either. $150K per capita income (world's highest), no income tax, 0.5% unemployment, healthcare and college education provided, 14 percent (!) of the world's natural gas reserves, and a boss who loves drag racing.

While I'm sure there's a degree of underlying oppression that's not readily apparent, Qatar isn't Libya.

Shoe-Throwers Index? Hahaha... :D Wonder who came up with that?

If I were a citizen of Qatar, I wouldn't protest, either. $150K per capita income (world's highest), no income tax, 0.5% unemployment, healthcare and college education provided, 14 percent (!) of the world's natural gas reserves, and a boss who loves drag racing.

Sounds like heaven. Free education, healthcare and no income taxes. Awesome country lol

Last edited:
Sounds like heaven. Free education, healthcare and no income taxes. Awesome country lol

Sounds like the best of both political worlds to me. The liberals would love the entitlements and the conservatives would love not having to pay income tax. Something for everyone.

Actually, no normal country could exist with such a system. But Qatar ain't normal. When a country the size of Rhode Island sits on 5 trillion dollars' worth of proven oil and gas reserves, it can provide its' citizens with a few perks.

No wonder Sheik Khalid has a nice race team...:eek:

Sounds like the best of both political worlds to me. The liberals would love the entitlements and the conservatives would love not having to pay income tax. Something for everyone.

Actually, no normal country could exist with such a system. But Qatar ain't normal. When a country the size of Rhode Island sits on 5 trillion dollars' worth of proven oil and gas reserves, it can provide its' citizens with a few perks.

No wonder Sheik Khalid has a nice race team...:eek:

The thing that's impressive about this country is that it wants to educate its people so that they don't have to count on their oil and natural gas reserves. For a lot of countries, natural resources can be a curse, not a blessing. Think Libya!

according to this article only 13% of population is qatari; leaving majority
of 87% as migrant workers who do not reap the rewards the national citizens do
this condition is not unique to qatar; nor is their monarchy.

the uprising in neighboring countries is disenfranchised, poverty level
majorities demanding a better standard of living & political recognition,
in most cases they are arab and native to country or area.
In qatar and i think UAE also qualifies, the imported labor is not native to area
and hence has little to gain by organizing against monarchies; more than likely
would lose visas and lessening of abilities to pay back loans/fees to placement
agencies responsible for gaining their transportation and jobs in these
foreign lands.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back