Putting your money where your mouth is... (1 Viewer)

I bought one also and have been very happy with it so far. They have instructional videos at their website the hows and whys of it too.
I went into a Walmart and they had Sanyo TV's for sale. Great picture, good Price and Ashley Force was on the box. That was the deal maker right there. I had been looking for TVs for a while and that's the one I chose.

vern was olympia wasn't he?......the oly roller.
maybe he had hamm's too?
i remember a brief stint in late 80's i think he had pabst?..(red car?)

Could have went to Sears,and bought a Die Hard battery.

Nah! Me and Sears don't see eye-to-eye anymore (can I say Citibank sucks!;)) so I went to my local NAPA store, got the Bro-in-law employee discount and off I went with my new NAPA battery. Satisfied customer.

I make most of my buying decisions based on sponsorship of motorsports (NHRA, NASCAR, WOO, etc)

vern was olympia wasn't he?......the oly roller.
maybe he had hamm's too?
i remember a brief stint in late 80's i think he had pabst?..(red car?)

Like this one? From Brainerd 1989.

PBRcar009.jpg

Original battery on my '06 Trailblazer SS shot craps today.....so I jumped it and went straight to NAPA, driving past 2 Advance Auto Parts stores, and went in and bought myself a brand new Optima Red Top Dual Post double throwdown gel cel battery....close to the $200 range. The guys said, "we have our regular batteries, much cheaper over here" motioning to the big battery rack. I assured him I wanted the Optima, knew they were more money but better. It's installed and I like the dual post design(side terminal batteries suck for jumping).

I also recently purchased a set of NAPA Adaptive One break pads and installed them, seem to work as advertised. I told the guy I was buying Optima and buying at his NAPA store because of their involvement with NHRA Drag Racing and Ron Capps.

Let your wallet vote people...

Excellent Job Tom!! It's much easier to go to your local NAPA than it was to wear BRUT (green). Although BRUT Revolution was often confused with the high priced stuff. Especially after the evening got later!! :cool:

Um, ya know what? Eh, nevermind. ;)

Oh, wth....I spend money on some sponsors and avoid others like the plague!

I switched to Geico last year and when I got the survey in the mail I told them it was because of the Lucas deal.

honest to god the only reason i ever tried Mountain Dew was because of their sponsorship of John Force,I loved that car as a kid and I was a big fan of his.I met him the first time in 82 at gateway in St.louis he just got the Coke deal that year.

Force's Mountain Dew deal ran through '83. The Coke sponsorship ran from '84-'86 with help from Wendy's. The 83 Dew Camaro was a favorite, wish there were some decent pics of that one around.

Speaking of beer wagons, I'm surprised nobody brought up Old Style. They sponsored a team, won a few races here and there. Or, what about Old Milwaukee with Candies & Hughes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back