Putting your money where your mouth is... (1 Viewer)

tnitro2

Nitro Member
Original battery on my '06 Trailblazer SS shot craps today.....so I jumped it and went straight to NAPA, driving past 2 Advance Auto Parts stores, and went in and bought myself a brand new Optima Red Top Dual Post double throwdown gel cel battery....close to the $200 range. The guys said, "we have our regular batteries, much cheaper over here" motioning to the big battery rack. I assured him I wanted the Optima, knew they were more money but better. It's installed and I like the dual post design(side terminal batteries suck for jumping).

I also recently purchased a set of NAPA Adaptive One break pads and installed them, seem to work as advertised. I told the guy I was buying Optima and buying at his NAPA store because of their involvement with NHRA Drag Racing and Ron Capps.

Let your wallet vote people...

i'm almost due for an oil change......somebody as Tony P. if this is a Quaker State week!! :D

....meanwhile... earlier today my boss and I were headed to a bar to 'tie one off' after a very long week and the bar tender said..."Whatta-drinkin?"

I looked at the tap and said...."MMMM How about a BU... well come to think about it, In-Bev took away our official beer sponsor for NHRA... I guess I'll have a Coors Lig...uh, but Dan Pastorini couldn't keep them as a sponsor for more than a few seasons, I'll have a Mille.... uh, well shoot. I mean, I loved me that Larry Minor team when Dick-O and "ACE" were driving those cars and of course Snake and Dixon did great with them until they pulled the plug on the sponsorship with NHRA. So how about a Simpatico... well, shoot. Dennis Forcelle only had them on for a few races then they bolted... So how about a Hamm's..or Raineer" The Bartender said, "Uh we don't have those anymore..."

.... So I had a PATRON!

THANKS J.P. and Alexis!!;)

I love stories like this. I am kinda ashamed that my purchasing decisions arent based on these things im a buy if its good kind of guy if its junk I wont buy it.

....meanwhile... earlier today my boss and I were headed to a bar to 'tie one off' after a very long week and the bar tender said..."Whatta-drinkin?"

I looked at the tap and said...."MMMM How about a BU... well come to think about it, In-Bev took away our official beer sponsor for NHRA... I guess I'll have a Coors Lig...uh, but Dan Pastorini couldn't keep them as a sponsor for more than a few seasons, I'll have a Mille.... uh, well shoot. I mean, I loved me that Larry Minor team when Dick-O and "ACE" were driving those cars and of course Snake and Dixon did great with them until they pulled the plug on the sponsorship with NHRA. So how about a Simpatico... well, shoot. Dennis Forcelle only had them on for a few races then they bolted... So how about a Hamm's..or Raineer" The Bartender said, "Uh we don't have those anymore..."

.... So I had a PATRON!

THANKS J.P. and Alexis!!;)

Well you coulda had Bacardi for the Rum Bum Team of Shawn Gann ;).

I go to PC Richard & Son, I drink Full Throttles, that's all I do for sponsors because I don't really have reasons for anything else, there are sponsors I WANT to buy from like K&N *Plays Alan Reinhart Fast Chipmunk voice "The World's Best Oil Filter"* or go to like O'Reily Auto Parts (but there's none in the northeast, maybe they should buy out Strauss Discount Auto)

Or ya just could have had a Coke, and a smile.

Unless I was an educated consumer, I'd have NO idea that Coke was the parent company of Full Throttle. I don't see any COKE sponsored ANYTHING in drag racing now a days.... DO YOU????

So, I don't think I would have had a Coke and a smile.... BUT, I might have a PEPSI, because they sponsored one of the coolest Funny Cars of all time, Snake's Pepsi Challenger. Coke did sponsor Force for a while, but it was prior to his 'success'.

I could also had a Mountain Dew, (with Force) or a Dr. Pepper, (I've seen that on several cars)

Unless I was an educated consumer, I'd have NO idea that Coke was the parent company of Full Throttle. I don't see any COKE sponsored ANYTHING in drag racing now a days.... DO YOU????
C'mon Timmah!!!
Coke is the Official Soft Drink of the NHRA!!!
LOL
:D:D:D

Good point tho!!!

I had nothing but trouble with my Optima battery, when I said something to the Interstate rep (they own Optima now) he said "piece of junk" and "we have pallets of bad ones back at the warehouse" :eek: I like spending money w/ NHRA sponsors as well, but not to get hosed on a $200 POS battery to do it. And the starters it ruined cost way more than the battery itself :rolleyes:

So, I don't think I would have had a Coke and a smile.... BUT, I might have a PEPSI, because they sponsored one of the coolest Funny Cars of all time, Snake's Pepsi Challenger. Coke did sponsor Force for a while, but it was prior to his 'success'.

I could also had a Mountain Dew, (with Force) or a Dr. Pepper, (I've seen that on several cars)

How about a Bubble Up?(240 Gordie) do they make it any more?

How about a Bubble Up?(240 Gordie) do they make it any more?

Not sure if they do.... but that was a pretty 'interesting' drink I must say.

Who had the Hamms beer sponsor? Back in the VERY early 80's....Funny Car, maybe even a BB/FC....Vern Moats maybe?

Last edited:
I went into a Walmart and they had Sanyo TV's for sale. Great picture, good Price and Ashley Force was on the box. That was the deal maker right there. I had been looking for TVs for a while and that's the one I chose.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back