PS/PM Orlando Event (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
opinion on this race?......i think this is the most significant money for a single PM race besides the WSofPM event at bandimere?
new engine combos allowed in PM this year, along with new safety rules.
don't recall in recent history where NHRA PS racers have entered alternate, non-NHRA events for any reason?
can find results from 2018 k&n challenge that paid $50k. can not find results from 2019? is k&n renewing for 2020 at vegas 1?
kudos to elite for stepping up with this event.

opinion on this race?......i think this is the most significant money for a single PM race besides the WSofPM event at bandimere?
don't recall in recent history where NHRA PS racers have entered alternate, non-NHRA events for any reason?
can find results from 2018 k&n challenge that paid $50k. can not find results from 2019? is k&n renewing for 2020 at vegas 1?

Three big events on the same weekend? A big, steaming pile of NOT GOOD. :(

Why? They are for different classes. It makes perfect sense, there is really no competition between the 3. Nobody with a NHRA promod is going to the NMCA race, and nobody is going to go run Comp at the Baby Gators (There was 1 that did last year, Marc Caruso, but his daughter was making her debut driving for Randy Meyer). Nobody with a pro stock car is going to run the Baby Gators, or the NMCA race. Last year, there were 2 Factory Stock cars testing/running Super Stock at the Baby Gators that I remember,, everybody else was at the NMCA race.

Last edited:
Why? They are for different classes. It makes perfect sense, there is really no competition between the 3. Nobody with a promod is going to the NMCA race, and nobody is going to go run Comp at the Baby Gators (There was 1 that did last year, Marc Caruso, but his daughter was making her debut driving for Randy Meyer). Nobody with a pro stock car is going to run the Baby Gators, or the NMCA race. Last year, there were 2 Factory Stock cars testing/running Super Stock at the Baby Gators that I remember,, everybody else was at the NMCA race.
Not entirely true. The NMCA gets a good draw of pro mods, but it's guys who are committed to that series (and maybe some other regional 1/8 mile events). I imagine both races will be at least decently attended, but by crowds who likely wouldn't even consider the other option. Either way, these events shouldn't be robbing participants from each other.

I can't wait for this event! Been to quite a few PM races there over the years. Orlando is good track and we should see some great races. Low admission fee, bring your cooler and sandwiches to the grandstands, bar-b-que and tailgate right next to the track fence. And, it's only 30 minutes from my driveway to the track.

Last edited:
I can't wait for this event! Been to quite a few PM races there over the years. Orlando is good track and we should see some great races. Low admission fee, bring your cooler and sandwiches to the grandstands, bar-b-que and tailgate right next to the track fence. And, it's only 30 minutes from my driveway to the track.
good to know you can bring coolers. it's about a 30 min. drive for me too. will drive over from the west side on the 408. driven past track, never been. hope to attend elims on sunday 3/8 :cool:

good to know you can bring coolers. it's about a 30 min. drive for me too. will drive over from the west side on the 408. driven past track, never been. hope to attend elims on sunday 3/8 :cool:
Been going to that race track since the 1960's. Even raced there once. And I do mean ONCE. Saw some pretty big name racers there also. Top fuel, funny car, pro stock , you name it.
Anyway, so much for my reminiscing, I'll be there Sunday also.

I'm going to be in Daytona Beach. I f we can stay long enough I'll try to attend

recent update. many companies becoming involved...... feb. 5th on drag illusustrated website.
That’s why we’re paying $7,500 to qualify in Pro Stock and $3,000 to qualify in Pro Mod – just to qualify. We’re even paying $3,000 to 17-20 in Pro Stock, and $1,250 for 17-20 in Pro Mod. It’s a game changer. “We’ve also been able to increase the winner’s share for Pro Stock to $75,000,” said Freeman. “Pro Mod will be $50,000 to win. That’s over $300,000 in payout for our racers for those two classes alone, and we couldn’t be more excited about it. And we’re still not done.”

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back