Prosecutor in Critchley case recuses himself. (1 Viewer)

Sounds to me like there is more than enough blame to go around in this whole deal. Sad part is the only parties who come out on this deal are the lawyers. It is good to see that maybe Critchley won't be hung out to dry by himself--there certainly are others that share responsibility. None of it brings back any of the lost loved ones though--that is the really sad part:(

I've already said what I think about how insanely ridiculous I think it is to charge Troy CRIMINALLY in this. I don't think anyone should be charge criminally in an act that wasn't obviously illegal to the point that police officers assisting in carrying it out didn't know to stop it. IF you're going to be ridiculous enough to charge Troy then, yes, you charge everyone who helped him, especially those who are supposed to ENFORCE the law! You don't scapegoat one guy, using the law when it's convenient to. Maybe if they charge everyone involved, they'll realize how stupid the whole thing is. Troy's court date isn't until AFTER Tennessee's one year criminal statute of limitations runs out. If they're gonna charge him, they need to charge everyone else by June.

If you go into a bank to rob it and I hold the door for you, I'm as guilty as you are.

Last edited:
I've already said what I think about how insanely ridiculous I think it is to charge Troy CRIMINALLY in this. I don't think anyone should be charge criminally in an act that wasn't obviously illegal to the point that police officers assisting in carrying it out didn't know to stop it. IF you're going to be ridiculous enough to charge Troy then, yes, you charge everyone who helped him, especially those who are supposed to ENFORCE the law! You don't scapegoat one guy, using the law when it's convenient to. Maybe if they charge everyone involved, they'll realize how stupid the whole thing is. Troy's court date isn't until AFTER Tennessee's one year criminal statute of limitations runs out. If they're gonna charge him, they need to charge everyone else by June.

If you go into a bank to rob it and I hold the door for you, I'm as guilty as you are.

I agree with you!

.....If you go into a bank to rob it and I hold the door for you, I'm as guilty as you are.......

Bingo!

This is the crux of the issue, and I've a feeling why the DA recused himself from the case. Odds are that all these local law enforcement people know each other. So when the district attorney realized that he wasn't going to be able to hang the entire thing on Troy's neck, he bailed. Can't be bringing up your buddies on wrongful death charges and all that......

This is really just a sad situation for everyone involved.

Like another poster mentioned, the only ones who will gain from this are the sharks.

Last edited:
If you bring someone impartial in to handle this and Troy's being brought up on felony charges then, yeah, I think you have a LOT of accomplices. Everyone with any kind of official/management/law enforcement title involved in operating the event?

They may end up regretting ever charging Troy in this. I hope they do.

I wonder if a judge can drop this AFTER a grand jury has voted to do it? Wouldn't THAT be interesting!

Boy, that's an interesting feature we have now. Click on where I edited the post. I'm glad I only edit a post to ad new thoughts, not change what I already posted other than typos! I remember someone who did that here once but, I had their original, unedited post in a quote! I wish we'd had THAT here years ago! :D

Last edited:
Can't be bringing up your buddies on wrongful death charges and all that......

Wrongful death charges are brought up in civil court I believe, not criminal court. And you can bet there will be plenty of them going around, brought by the relatives of those killed and injured. That's an other issue completely from his criminal charges.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back