Prock "Auto Flow" (1 Viewer)

My opinion on whether it should be banned or not is not relevant because I am not an active competitor at the present time. This thread started by Steve asking what it was and I have tried to pass on a little information about the system. I do know that the system does control clutch pressure which has a direct influence on motor load and drive shaft speed. And I know that those two things can make a 4.01 car magically turn into a 3.91 car. I also know that performance comes from the combination of the whole car and crew, not from just any one part.

They found a sweet spot for the parts being used for a series of runs that allowed the car to shine above all others. Parts get used up and new parts inserted and it is a never ending battle to find that sweet spot for the new parts. As quick as the performance advantage came, it can leave just as quick and then you search for why.

Just more of the driver element being sucked out of these cars. Why not just put slots in the ground?

How long has it been since the Driver truly controlled the clutch in a Fuel Car?
I do think, however, slots would be an aid to keeping the cars in the groove and not very fun to watch so...

I think I said a few post ago that it won't take long for the other teams to catch up Courtney hit a 3.95, Hight 3.97, Tommy J 3.97, Beckman 3.94 so the edge is about gone. Just wonder how much faster NHRA will let them go.

I think I said a few post ago that it won't take long for the other teams to catch up Courtney hit a 3.95, Hight 3.97, Tommy J 3.97, Beckman 3.94 so the edge is about gone. Just wonder how much faster NHRA will let them go.

Beckman's run tonight wasn't perfect, my money is still on Prock and Beckman walking away with this.

Maybe they shouldn't have gone on social media to let the world know what the magic part is.

The other team has definitely caught up. I wonder if they went back to a 5 disc clutch as well.

Once one car does it, the others know it can be done and that the track will take it. All that is needed is to set up the cars as best you can to run the number. Everyone has the same parts. You just have to get the combination right.

[QUOTE="Jesse Robinson, post: 346481, member: 4328" . Just wonder how much faster NHRA will let them go.[/QUOTE]

I been wondering about that too Jesse. I'm afraid with the big speeds FC is running now that they (NHRA) is really gonna restrict the class next season

Take the fuel, and alky guys fuel pumps down to half the GPM that they have now. On a fuel car they have two inlets, and two outlets, make them cap off one inlet, and outlet. Then you could go back to 1/4 mile racing.

Take the fuel, and alky guys fuel pumps down to half the GPM that they have now. On a fuel car they have two inlets, and two outlets, make them cap off one inlet, and outlet. Then you could go back to 1/4 mile racing.
What, and kill all the excitement that's going on in fuel classes, hell they're running 299mph in 1/8th mile that is mind boggling.

The minds that are boggled are most likely the biomasses they strap into a car that accelerates from 0-299 in 3 seconds. Since these biomasses have a CPU that resembles cream cheese at room temperature, you have to wonder what is happening when the CPU is squished backwards and forwards in 5 seconds. Also, it is becoming apparent that the biomass is losing her/his ability to drive in any reasonable fashion ahead of the car. We all saw a couple of cars that had passengers and no driver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back