Pro Stock vs Pro Mod (3 Viewers)

mastertone

Nitro Member
Well with the recent developments with a lot of the body changes in pro mod(getting uglier every year) I have flipped flopped my opinion, I am back to liking pro stock way better. Those new Covette bodied cars are just fugly! Rickie Smiths car in the best looking car in pro mod IHMO

Question:

If many of the Pro Mods bodies are looking worse does that mean their E.T.'S will be better or worse?
Another words are they changing the body style to increase down force or for some other reason like going faster through the air?

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Pro Mod should have to go back to old time body styles like the Willys and split window Vettes

Christine was one cool P/M in it's day

017.jpg
christine.jpg

And funny Cars look like thier factory brothers? Ugly!!
I enjoy the different body styles an engin combinations of Pro Mod. And it is Avery competitive class, I want to see more of it. It fact I think they should combine PS with Pro Mod, bring what ya got and let's go racing!

Funny Cars with doors? I have heard that statement since 1988. Just remember, Funny Cars are center driven with a solid suspension. Pro Mods, are left or right hand (In Australia) and have a suspended chassis -- and yes, that makes a ton of difference.

In my statement it was about the appearance of the car, as far as the chassis and way it works is a 180 compaired to Funny Car, Pro Mod have to be a challenge to drive for sure.

I think the current crop of PM cars are badass. Yeah we don't have the Willys coupe type bodies so much anymore on the NHRA circuit, but still a lot of variety in body styles and powerplants. And extremely unpredictable. They should throw in injected nitro as an option, to spice things up even more. And do the same to TAFC while we're at it.

To me, the best looking Pro Mod at Indy was Steven Whiteley's Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. I understand what Harold Martin is trying to do, but that car is so ugly I can't look at it. But whether it has the Mustang nose on it, or the Camaro nose on it, the one car you CANNOT miss nor never take your eye off of is Donnie Walsh's ... It leaves the line and about 100ft out the turbo boost comes on and pulls the front wheels up and it carries the wheels well past half track. Every time. That boy just ain't right, but it sure is a good show.

I think the current crop of PM cars are badass. Yeah we don't have the Willys coupe type bodies so much anymore on the NHRA circuit, but still a lot of variety in body styles and powerplants. And extremely unpredictable. They should throw in injected nitro as an option, to spice things up even more. And do the same to TAFC while we're at it.

While I don't agree with running apples against oranges, I do agree with you, if yer gonna allow Inj. nitro in TAD, then why not do the same in TA/FC??

Funny Cars with doors? I have heard that statement since 1988. Just remember, Funny Cars are center driven with a solid suspension. Pro Mods, are left or right hand (In Australia) and have a suspended chassis -- and yes, that makes a ton of difference.

Bobby, okay I feel old now... I do remember back in the mid sixties Floppers having doors, trunk, and starter at the flywheel..... And Gold Dust on the track....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back