Pro Stock staggered length wheelie bars? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I don't know why I haven't noticed until today, but when Drew Skillman was staging for the semi-final I noticed in the overhead camera angle that the lower bars weren't equal length and the right wheelie-bar wheel stuck out a couple inches further than the left. How long have they been doing this?

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 97
optical? the chutes are staggered too
I went through in slow-mo and took several screenshots and even with the angle of the camera it looked like the right wheel was out an inch or two compared to the left. I could be wrong. I'd like to know though.

Another Pro Stock secret reveled. When Jason and Greg were mopping house, I took teams quite a while to figure out that they were running 11,500 rpm. In F/C it took Del a bit to figure out that Jimmy Prock was laying the headers waaay back. Del was the first to see it.

It's a bad perspective. Look at the pins. Look at what plane they're in. They're exactly parallel. When you move that same parallel line to the wheels, they're even also.

When I watch the PDRA races, they always have a lot of shots of crewman adjusting the wheelie bars, & I'd never seen different lengths before. Was wondering if there was anything to different lengths, but I guess not. I do know that long wheelie bars can help a short wheelbase car or motorcycle, by kinda acting as an extension of the chasis. Have seen this a lot on the PDRA motorcycles, which can run 3.9 1/8 mile.

It's a bad perspective. Look at the pins. Look at what plane they're in. They're exactly parallel. When you move that same parallel line to the wheels, they're even also.

It's probably an optical illusion caused by the viewing angle. Many stagger the height of the wheels from the ground so they act equally and don't drive the car to one side. (Right side lower)

It's all in the camera angle.
The camera is looking straight down at the right bar and has a somewhat side view of the left bar.

So if someone DID run unequal length wheelie bars, would it make a difference? Thinking what David said about the right side being lower.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back