Pro Stock Shock Rule reminder !! (1 Viewer)

well greg has won 3 in a row so thats probably it :mad: every time team summit does good, the power to be ironicly come up with a rule :rolleyes:

The rule has been in place since last year.I doubt it was the Summit cars that provoked the reminder.

I was told by the NHRA Tech Dept that it was not the Summit team that had the shocks in question last year. I was not told who had the shocks, but I was told emphatically that it was not Greg's group.

Believe me, if the Summit team is bending the rules no one wants to catch them more than the tech guys.

Last year rumor's were flying that the Summit boys were using some kinda hi tech, hi dollar shocks and a new shock rule was subsequently instituted. now a shock rule reminder was issued a couple days ago! .......... just curious, wondering who provoked the reminder ????

I think you begin by looking for cars that are performing much better (now) than they were last year. I'm sure the Summit cars are looked at more than any other cars. I'll bet it's NOT them. The Cagnazzi and Allen Johnson cars are similar to last year and wouldn't be in question.

It's anyone's guess after that...

With pro stock being one of the few classes that people can still make inivations , they are probably just reminding everybody just to make sure they all understand.

I was told by the NHRA Tech Dept that it was not the Summit team that had the shocks in question last year. I was not told who had the shocks, but I was told emphatically that it was not Greg's group.

Believe me, if the Summit team is bending the rules no one wants to catch them more than the tech guys.

I guess when the shock "clarification "came out,it was just a coincidence that KB Racing started having more bad/aborted runs than they ever had in the previous years. I've said it before and I'll say it again,before the "clarification",they very seldom made a bad run,after,they had problems like the rest of the field. I guess it's just another coincidence that GA wins 3 in a row and a "reminder" is issued. Again,probably just a coincidence.:rolleyes:

I guess when the shock "clarification "came out,it was just a coincidence that KB Racing started having more bad/aborted runs than they ever had in the previous years. I've said it before and I'll say it again,before the "clarification",they very seldom made a bad run,after,they had problems like the rest of the field. I guess it's just another coincidence that GA wins 3 in a row and a "reminder" is issued. Again,probably just a coincidence.:rolleyes:
I think your wasting brain cells on this, Mike.

Always seems to be something, huh?

GA has been winning mostly because of his driving and not the car domination of previous.

Mike, you’re like a broken record. ;)
I started reading this thread without signing in and as soon as I saw this comment I suspected it was you and sure enough.
You’re getting predictable.

JP

Mike, you’re like a broken record. ;)
I started reading this thread without signing in and as soon as I saw this comment I suspected it was you and sure enough.
You’re getting predictable.

JP

I didn't start the thread and I only post my opinion and observations.I saw the NHRA reminder yesterday but waited for somebody else to bring it up. Do you think I'm that far off?:)

I have no idea who was using the shocks this time around. But I do know this:
They did not 'remind' the teams because everyone was well within the rules. :D

mike, whenever u make that point regarding Anderson/Line's post shock rule performance, about how they had many more aborted runs etc. u always seem to leave out the fact that anderson also won about a half dozen races or so after the rule, making the case that this shock rule had very little if no effect on them !

It was never proven or at least publicly revealed that the Dodge Boys used nitrous, either. :D

I remember that their performance fell off drastically when someone risked jail time just to break into their shop and sledgehammer blocks. :rolleyes: People who could put relocate valves to their rectum and still make them work were "Nope, the damage is too serious. We can't fix these." :D

The no nitrous in pro stock rule conveniently made it's way back into the rulebook the following year. I think that was kinda like a reminder, too. :D

I remember that their performance fell off drastically when someone risked jail time just to break into their shop and sledgehammer blocks.

thats just sad , what kind of person would do that . I am only a fan im no drag racer (yet) but I hate hearing things like so and so is winning all the time they must be cheating or whatever . I dought a pro team would risk cheating because they could ruin their career and lose sponsers . If a team finds something that gives them a winning combination that shouldn't make people think they are cheating it should motivate the other teams into working harder to find there own something .

Well, they were kicking everyone's butt and then one of them had a Hiroshima sized hood scoop backfire, which most people would tell would only happen if nitrous was present.

A lot of people think the shop break in and engine block sledgehammering was a backroom deal way for them to bow out without admitting to cheating since Mopar was such a big sponsor at the time. To paraphrase the late, great Buddy Morrison "We're pro stock racers. We can fix anything."

About the time NHRA said nobody could get away with nitrous in pro stock, the Glidden boys admitted to having experimented with nitrous in pro stock (without Bob's knowledge)! :D It was detailed in a magazine how they did it (the rifle drilled motor plate still gets me!). When they bascially called them liars, Bob said what is still famous with me, that their tech people couldn't find nitrous unless it was in a bottle painted blue! They proceeded to tech the sh*t out of Bob when he didn't do anything!

NHRA used to have a habit of letting a rule drop out of the book when everyone just knew something was a rule. I remember looking in the book that year and no mention of nitrous was in the pro stock section. The following year, it was back in.

BTW, William. I never knew you had so many dragstrips there. What's a Holden?

Dragstrip Finder

NHRA used to have a habit of letting a rule drop out of the book when everyone just knew something was a rule. I remember looking in the book that year and no mention of nitrous was in the pro stock section. The following year, it was back in.

BTW, William. I never knew you had so many dragstrips there. What's a Holden?

Dragstrip Finder

lol I like to look at rule books as "Things I can't do" books , If I wanted to build a drag car and didnt know this unwritten rule and the rule book didn't say you couldnt do then personally I would do it if I wanted to and just take it off if told I couldnt use it . I wouldnt call it cheating I would call it not being given all the rules/facts . If someone is new to a class and they don't know these unwritten rules then how would they know .

Oh and holden is the australian division of general motors . Yip new zealand has a few dragstrips knowhere near as big or grand as the ones you guys have but they do the job for the racers . If you look up new zealand drag racing on youtube im sure there are videos on there . Im only a fan/spectator but oneday hope to be a racer

Ron,
unlike the circle go round round cars, we both know that if the book didn't say you can't, back in the good old days that meant, try it. Not our fault tech can't read between the lines.

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back